Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
• TO PROVIDE OPERATIONAL EXCELLENCE ON THE PAYMENT FIELD BY COORDINATING THE PAYMENT ACTIVITIES OF THE WHO ADHOC STAFFS.
• Would be responsible for Counting Cash at the branches and inserting into standard envelopes for onward presentment to the WHO beneficiaries / vaccinators
• Providing Risk management function of Checking that cash bag is intact after evacuation of cash from branch location to WHO payment site. Where there are discrepancies, he / she would be required to escalate to the HSS
• Required to Bundle count envelopes to confirm cash & sort envelopes according to payment pattern in the DDM guideline
• Hand over cash to ad-hoc personnel in company of security personnel to begin disbursement (attach disbursement ticket)
• Confirm completeness of cash per envelope in the presence of the assigned officer from paying branch
• Coordinate the operations of the ad-hoc staffs on the field of payments
• Provide operational excellence by leading the ad-hoc staffs to provide service in a professional and timely manner
• Interface with the WHO state Admin Assistant/ HSS where there are payment policy GAPs or where clarification is required
• Hand to WHO Admin Assistant /authorized signatory to counter sign where there are discrepancies that have been cleared
• Conducts spot check on each payment point periodically
• Execute payment of all Operational Expenses as stipulated (OPEX includes Ad-hoc personnel allowance, Police, transportation and other miscellaneous expenses in conjunction with the HSS
(Ticket, receipt or authorized beneficiaries’ sign off must be provided for all
• Prepare payment summary report comprising Beneficiary payments & Operational Expenses Payments to HSS
• Sign Off and Obtain WHO Admin Assistant/ Local Government Official’s Sign Off when necessary on the field
• Collate and hand Payment report, unpaid cash envelopes and activity cards to branch HSS for reconciliation purpose
• Reconcile WHO Project Report and prepare final payment report for the state/payment location detailing payments made & balances
• Forward Final Payment Report to Command Centre and Reconciliation Unit
• Liaise with Command Centre
• To maintain proper checks and controls within the unit and ensure that the Unit’s operations are in strict compliance with all relevant control standards - both internal to STANBIC IBTC and imposed by external regulators.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.