LBS is ranked in the sixth place by the Great Place to Work (GPTW) Institute among the Great Places to Work in Nigeria in 2012. LBS offers a demanding, stimulating and creative work environment; has a strong culture of respect for all the people who work in the School; provides rich training opportunities; and is always mindful of the fact that its staff have also commitments and responsibilities outside the School, and tries to make it possible for the staff to give them due attention.
We need first-class staff and do our best to remunerate them accordingly. We also provide life cover, and generous pension and gratuity schemes.
For regular faculty positions we require that applicants have a relevant PhD; a record of scholarly and/or professional publications; and either strong familiarity with the world of management practice or at least a strong commitment to acquire
Business Unit: Lagos Business School / Pan-Atlantic University
Reports To: Directly to Supervisor and Advancement Manager
Indirectly to Director, Advancement
Directly Supervises: NIL
Position Type: Initial 6 months contract. Possibility for conversion to full time depending on performance
Purpose of Position: Call Center staff will personally contact thousands of alumni and non-alumni (LBS conference and seminar participants), to talk to them about supporting LBS financially. In the process, they will enumerate the importance of supporting LBS and invariably contribute to our efforts at building and strengthening the relationship between them and LBS. Callers will reach out to these individuals over the phone to give School updates, notify them about upcoming events, and to speak about making periodic gifts (monthly, quarterly, annual, multi-year gifts etc.) to the LBS Endowment Fund. We need people who are willing and able to create rapport with alumni and friends of the School in order to solicit and negotiate for donations to LBS.
Education and Experience (Qualifications)
- BSc or BA (Minimum of Second Class Upper grade)
- Professional Qualification will be an added advantage
The position requires candidates to (Skills required):
- Be diligent, well organized and articulate (excellent oral and written communication skills)
- Speak clear and fluent English
- Be dependable, have a strong work ethic
- Have strong computer skills (Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint)
- Have Data gathering, Initiative, Customer service, Attention to detail and Administrative skills
- Be a good listener and have the ability to engage in meaningful conversation.
- Be comfortable in soliciting gifts for the School
- Have a genuine enthusiasm for LBS
- Have an understanding of LBS and its history
- Must exhibit a friendly and positive attitude and demonstrate proper telephone etiquette.
- Ability to work harmoniously with others & as a team with other callers (Interpersonal skills)
- Have a problem-solving mentality and the ability to think on one’s feet in a fast-paced environment
- Think quickly and answer accurately when responding to any questions and/or concerns our alumni, supporters and friends may have.
- Be an energetic individual, who will not take rejection from ‘an ask’ personally
- Remain positive and professional and handle objections and difficult conversations with grace and control.
Experience is not mandatory but is an added advantage. Callers will be required to attend mandatory training sessions to learn skills in addition to the above for success, gain an understanding of the School and its needs for financial support. Responsibility is a must, as is an appreciation for LBS and its history. Call Center staff must be open to new experiences and willing to learn new skills. Training will include lectures, discussions, and role-playing.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Be an ambassador by establishing an open and engaging line of communication between the School and its supporters
- Convey a positive impression of LBS.
- Be a proponent of the School, its history, programs and alumni.
- Have a positive attitude to calling sessions.
- Be in attendance for mandatory training sessions prior to the start of calling
- Handle each phone call with courtesy, tact and sensitivity.
- Speak confidently about LBS and its cause to assigned prospects.
- Educate prospects about LBS’s financial needs and motivate them to want to support the School financially.
- Make a clear, strong case for financial support during every call in an effort to increase both giving and participation.
- Exhibit enthusiasm in support of LBS and leave all prospects (regardless of their giving status) with a good feeling about LBS.
- Do the very best on each and every call to engage and encourage support for LBS
- Thank past donors personally for their financial support and to ask them personally to continue that financial support.
- Share what's going on at LBS today with the people contacted on the phone (inform them of School improvements, events, happenings and School life).
- Contact alumni and friends for attendance to future School events.
- Assist in direct mail appeals etc., as assigned.
- Use specific ask amounts as noted on the call sheets or as directed by the supervisor.
- Obtain names, telephone numbers and other relevant information of potential donors from sources such as LBS marketing department, alumni department, telephone directories, the internet etc.
- Gather updated contact information and enter these into computers in an effort to maintain current and accurate prospect records and donations.
- Document donations by completing forms and record logs.
- Maintain records of each call.
- Record names, addresses, telephone numbers, donations, and reactions of prospects contacted.
- Channel constructive alumni response through the supervisor
- Maintain operations by following policies and procedures; reporting needed changes.
- Develop techniques to help deal with objections and improve the structure and style of our calls.
- Suggest adjustments to scripts to better target the needs and interests of specific individuals and businesses.
- Identify prospects with the potential to make major or planned gifts.
- Answer incoming telephone calls from callers who have been solicited with a view to advising present or prospective donors
- Telephone or draft letters to respond to correspondence from prospects or to follow up initial contacts.
- Schedule appointments for Advancement to meet with prospective donors or for prospects to attend presentations
- Conduct client or market surveys in order to obtain information about the service provided
- Maintain database by entering and verifying data and secure information by completing data base backups.
- Work with other callers in a team oriented environment to further the development of the School and reach goals.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Maintain quality service by following LBS’s standards.
- Handle personal information with extreme confidentiality. Prospects’ information, or discussion of it, is NOT permitted outside of the Call Center.
- Once experienced, assist in training of staff & volunteers.
- Other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Salary and Bonus
A base salary with bonuses (and/or prizes) for exceeding goals and raises for returning callers, subject to a cap, is recommended for Call Center staff. The opportunity to attend special donor appreciation events is also on offer.
Method of Application
Applicants are to forward their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before Friday, March 13, 2015.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.