EduTech Nigeria Limited is the Education Industry focused arm of Venture Garden Nigeria (VGN), established with a mandate to provide technology solutions and consultancies to Learning, Administrative, Data Payment process and student management challenges at all levels of education.
At VGN, we wage war against the average, go beyond the ordinary to explore limitless opportunities; breaking the norms and aggressively pursuing success through- Relentless Hard-work, Pursuit of excellence, calculated risk taking and a hunger for knowledge!... and we have a lot of fun at it!
To provide learning management system (LMS) administration and support, intranet web administration and support, and technical training for faculty, staff and students.
• Provide learning management system (LMS) training and support to faculty and students.
• Research and resolve LMS functionality issues.
• Collaborate with peers at other institutions to determine and facilitate best practices.
• Design and maintain official, accurate, and up-to-date Web and Internet presence.
• Maintain and operate various technologies used in the delivery of instructional and/or interactive programs and courses.
• Provide Level 2 support of computer systems and network problems, including answering questions, providing advice, and troubleshooting.
• Specifically assist Help Desk personnel (Level 1) solve basic technical problems; investigate and seek solutions to complex issues and perform onsite installation or replacement of various hardware components, software repair, diagnostic testing, etc.
• Give individual or group instruction to users or make arrangements for instruction of software or systems.
• Configure workstations, system hardware and software, and provide technical assistance.
• Assist in determining hardware, software needs and upgrades.
• Track escalated user problem and inform the user of the status.
• Log all client problems and solutions.
• Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, verbal and non-verbal communications.
• Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines, collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
• Build trusting relationships by acting with integrity, courtesy, and responsibility, even in the face of stress or demanding workplace conditions.
• Maintain proficiency as needed and approved by attending trainings, reading job-related materials, and meeting with others in area of responsibility.
• Dress appropriately for a workplace with frequent customer service interaction and community outreach.
• Meet all required standards of confidentiality and safety.
• At least two years of direct, on-the-job experience working with computer applications, operations, and systems.
• Must have a broad knowledge of Microsoft operating systems, basic networking principles, web browser, email client, and integrated office suites (e.g. Word, Excel, Access).
• Knowledge and expertise with Internet development tools such as Adobe Dreamweaver.
• Knowledge of hardware and associated peripherals (printers, scanners, video, etc.) installation, troubleshooting, and repair procedures.
• Knowledge of software configurations and problem solving methods needed to diagnose and resolve web technology problems.
• Able to supervise and train technology users and work cooperatively with others
• Able to handle detail oriented work while meeting schedules and deadlines.
• Attention to details, decisiveness, good judgment, strong organization skills, good written communication skill.
• Ability to maintain composure and communicate effectively under stress
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, e-mail applications and using the internet;
• Disposed to travelling
• Ability to work with minimal supervision and take initiative in pursuing departmental functions
• Gets things done! Execution oriented
• Focused, diligent and task oriented
• Must have exceptional follow-up skills and be able to maintain focus while multitasking
• Speed and versatility
• Team Building
• Values others, and cultures
• Self-starter and Acts with integrity
• Analytical skills
Added Advantage: Possess A+ certification, CCNA, Microsoft Certified Professional certificate.
Remuneration: Competitive based on experience
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale