Lafarge Group - Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
Lafarge ranked amongst the top 10 of 500 companies evaluated by the "Carbon Disclosure Project" in recognition of their strategy and actions against global warming. With the world's leading building materials research facility, Lafarge places innovation at the heart of its priorities, working for sustainable construction and architectural creativity.
We are recruiting to fill the below position Field Sales Manager
Business Unit: WAPCO Operations
Job ID: 150216-1
The purpose of the position is:
- Achieving market share (%) & sales volume (KT) targets at a given price (US$, highest possible price)
- Maintaining a well satisfied (measured by direct and 3rd party surveys) and loyal customer base (as measured by their consistent purchases and gain shares) and at a competitive cost of sales (US cents per ton of sales)
- To minimize the complaints and manage them so as to minimize customer dissatisfaction (no of complaints per ton, continued purchases by complainant)
- Reporting activities of competitors and market information to the management to enable good decision-making.
- To understand customer needs & behaviour and respond to them based on the Company's Policy and Strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position is responsible for the following main activities:
Achieve the given sales volume and price targets within a given budget through:
Knowledge of the Market:
- Estimate and forecast demand and its segmentation (monthly, quarterly and yearly)
- Search for and report up to date information on market players, site jobs and business trends in delineated territory
- Estimate the market share, prices (throughout the value chain) and inventory of competing brands in the area
- Report information on marketing activities of competitors
Customer Relationship Management:
- Maintain customers portfolio
- Build relationships with the key customers and prospects (using the guidelines of the company)
- Understand their needs and behaviour
- Allocate time dedicated to customers according to target customers identified with his/her manager, and develop and maintain an effective and quality commercial relationship
- Maintain regular contact (visits, telephone, email, fax) and follow-up
- Communicate pricing policy and other relevant information
- Provide level of service as defined by the management
- Co-ordinate collection of payments and timely delivery of product in good condition
- Provide all necessary information to sales administration to ensure timely and accurate invoicing of customers
- Evaluate and give feedback to customers on their performance
- Problem solving and complaint handling
- Structured information and report regularly as per directions
- Assist the Regional Manager in BTL (below the line) promotions
- Propose and participate in: Local promotional events to develop customers' and prospects' knowledge of BU offer, and
- Customers' training to Lafarge products/systems
- The position will be provided with adequate means of transport, communications and a PC.
- Standardised tools and templates for recording, analysing and reporting information.
Essential & Desirable Skills
- Bachelor's Degree or HND.
- Product Knowledge
- Knowledge of basic construction practices
- Computer literacy
- Selling Skills
- Analytical/Negotiation skills
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Result oriented
Method of Application
Interested? Click here to apply
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale