Welcome to the SENCE Nigeria. The following are the available vacancies we currently have available:
Roles and Responsibilities
The role will include, but not be limited to the following responsibilities and accountabilities:
• Management of Research Projects and Market Research Firms
• Conceptualise and manage knowledge-based projects in line with The Company’s strategic objectives, to maintain The Company’s leadership at the cutting-edge of financial sector development in Nigeria
• Establish, implement and continuously improve monitoring and evaluation systems and use them to effectively measure and communicate the impact of The Company’s data
• Contribute to The Company’s ongoing strategic planning by generating and using research to identify the challenges faced by Nigeria’s unbanked and under-banked population
• Work closely with The Company’s Head of Programmes and Head of Innovation Funding to provide relevant market information to support the development of The company’s programmes and strengthen the pipeline for grants
• Prepare Terms of Reference for all research commissioned, for the CEO’s approval
• Evaluate proposals for all research commissioned, in conjunction with the relevant Programme Manager, and make recommendations to the CEO
• Ensure that any market research firm appointed to conduct The company’s research is technically competent
• Collaborate with the COO, prepare all relevant engagement contracts with appointed research firms and consultants, for the CEO’s signoff
• Manage the relationships with appointed market research firms, research partners and relevant consultants
• Ensure all market research firms appointed adhere to research protocols, maintain high quality standards, and meet agreed objectives within the deadlines specified
• Monitor and provide monthly progress reports on research projects against agreed timelines and milestones
• Actively liaise with market research firms, conduct quality assurance of their fieldwork, and ensure adherence to agreed data collection methodology
• On completion of each research project, review and finalise the report (prepared by the Research Officer) on the assessment of the market research firm. The report should cover the entire research cycle – i.e. evaluation of the methodology used, the data collection process, quality control issues, data processing, data management and the quality of the report
• Ensure that all procurement, management and evaluation of research contracts is carried out in compliance with The Company’s related policies and procedures
• Review and finalise the quarterly project monitoring reports prepared by the Research Team Management and Coordination of The Company’s Specialised Surveys and Scoping Studies
• Lead the implementation of all The Company’s specialised surveys and studies in line with the organisation’s five year strategy. This includes responsibility for The Company’s nationwide Access to Financial Services in Nigeria surveys, which cover more than 20,000 respondents
• Manage and approve desk research and literature reviews conducted by Research Officers
• Approve the methodology for any qualitative and quantitative research
• Provide insight, evidence and meaningful data to The Company’s Head of Programmes and Head of Innovation Funding to support the evaluation of proposals received4 Dissemination of The Company’s Research
• Ensure e Prioritise and manage The Company’s various research projects, ensuring that they are delivered to high quality standards by the specified deadline Data Interpretation
• Provide robust analysis of the data/results of the company surveys and scoping studies conducted, ensuring interpretation is accurate
• Manage Research Officers to ensure that reports received from market research firms are finalised and are compelling
• Synthesise learnings from research findings of the company surveys and scoping studies conducted and draw implications and/or conclusions that are actionable, impactful and accessible to stakeholders, in the form of policy/strategy/technical notes
• Review and finalise the reports (prepared by the Research Officer) for all customised requests received for analysis on the data from the company Access to Financial Services in Nigeria surveys
• Represent The Company at public events and in public communications, as directed by the CEO
• Maintain relationships with major research players in financial sector development and keep abreast of access to finance related research in Nigeria as well as in other relevant jurisdictions
• Master’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Anthropology, International Development, Public Policy or related field, from a reputable institution
• Minimum of ten years’ work experience at a senior level in a large private sector or academic research environment
• Minimum of seven years’ experience in undertaking social research and managing research firms or departments, and the ability to conduct statistical modelling
• Strong experience/capability in directing large national surveys and research projects and knowledge of a range of qualitative and quantitative research methods with extensive experience in: - Conducting fieldwork such as in-depth interviews and focus group discussions - Designing research guides, survey tools and questionnaires - Developing analysis frameworks - Research and survey administration, data management and data analysis
• Track record of publishing papers and articles
• Strong knowledge and understanding of research trends in financial sector development
• Strong understanding of the different approaches for measuring and evaluating impact
• Demonstrated experience in a complex or pioneering environment and of managing or facilitating change
• Supervision and leadership experience
• Strong relationship management experience with the ability to effectively engage with a diverse range of senior stakeholders, both in the private and public sectors
• Commitment to the financial inclusion agenda Desired
• Knowledge/experience in the financial sector and/or financial inclusion
• Familiarity with major Nigerian players in financial sector development research (research institutions, funders, etc.)
• Project management experience with relevant certification
• Highly numerate, with excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Strong competency in using statistical software such as SPSS, State, etc.
• Advanced level competency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Access
• Fluency in other languages desirable
• Energetic leader with a strong vision and passionate commitment for The Company’s strategic objectives, who will drive sectorial changes
• Strategic thinker who keeps abreast of international trends in research
• Leader with a strong vision for delivering The Company’s programmes
• Gravitas, credibility and ability to initiate and develop strategic partnerships and alliances
• Driven and a self-starter
• Highly organised and efficient; able to multi-task effectively and prioritise work based on minimal direction and multiple competing priorities
• Works well under pressure and meets deadlines
• Can-do approach
• Driven and a self-starter
• Committed to delivering high quality results, with cost-effective use of resources Demonstrates high levels of initiative
• Enterprising attitude that is quick to search out alternative solutions to needs or problems
• Positive, flexible, supportive attitude to work
• Exhibits a helpful behaviour beyond strict job requirements
• Discreet and respects confidentiality
• Integrity and high personal ethical standards
Roles and Responsibilities
This position is responsible for ensuring that the office is operationally efficient and effective. • Responsible for setting strategic human resource and administrative direction; providing a perspective on growth and expansion.
• The Manager will develop a thorough understanding of the offices’ requirements regarding human resources, administrative functions and physical plant needs.
• He/She will partner with executive management to identify talent gaps and address the needs of departments, vice presidents, directors, managers and staff in key positions.
• The Manager is responsible for full, accurate and equitable administration of all compensation and benefits and will be directly responsible for monitoring the day-to-day work and direct supervision of the Receptionist and Office Coordinator.
• The Manager of Human Resources and Administration will be supervised by the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• The Manager of Human Resources and Administration will work directly with the Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer, and collaborate closely with the Director of Finance.
Specific responsibilities for managing and completing a wide range of human resource and administrative functions to include, but not limited to:
• Staff recruitment, retention and terminations
• Maintenance of personnel files and Personnel Action Forms
Benefits administration and staff compensation
• Counsel and advice to staff on personal and work related issues including providing guidance and direction to management team and employees on human resource related topics
• Develop, manage and implement personnel policies; develop a Human Resource Information System (HRIS)
• Work with staff and management to facilitate staff development and training opportunities
• Communicate and ensure compliance and consistency with office practices and policies and compliance with all employment related laws
• Effectively interface with all levels of the organization to coordinate and oversee all of the people-related and office management activities
• Make certain that all administrative systems and processes are highly reliable, finely tuned and well delivered with an aim toward pro-action rather than reaction
• Research and recommend relevant insurance products (fidelity bond, property and casualty, management errors and omissions, etc.).
• Maintain relevant insurance files.
• Negotiate related contracts, manage relevant vendor relationships, liaison with building management and oversee office operations
• Serve as administrative team leader, coach and advocate for administrative staff
• Keep informed and up to date regarding industry standards and best practices related to non-profit personnel management
Other duties as necessary and related
• Master’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Law. Industrial Relations, Human Resource Management or Personnel Management, or any related discipline from a reputable institution.
• Graduate degree in Human Resource or related field (e.g. Human Resource/Organizational Development or Business Administration)
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience with at least 5 years of progressive and hands-on HR generalist experience and 3 years in customer support and administrative services roles; 6-8 years supervisory experience
• Must have a working knowledge and be current with all relevant employment related laws;
• Experience with developing a HRIS for a staff of at least 60 people.
• Broad knowledge and experience in employment law, compensation, benefits administration, organizational planning and development, employee relations, safety, training and development and office administration.
• Must have basic computer skills in Microsoft Office applications and HRIS programs
• Must be accurate and efficient, high energy, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities
• Strong oral and written communication skills. Superior interpersonal and coaching skills including patience and ability to work well with staff at all levels
• Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality and excellent organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to successfully participate on senior management teams that provide leadership and strategic direction
• Excellent analytical skills and good reasoning abilities and sound judgment
Roles and Responsibilities
The Research Officer is responsible for creating research instruments/survey instruments (questionnaires, questions, sample sizes) and analyzes data for the Company. The position will perform quantitative research, data extraction, modeling, and other analyses to determine qualitative and verifiable information on behalf of polling surveys on behalf of Company clients and research projects for the Company. The Officer is required to develop relationships with industry Associates/researchers/experts with industry specific and sustainability expertise. The Officer is expected to be or quickly become fully proficient analyzing data from both primary and secondary sources.
The position requires tenacity and creativity to conduct research, draw insights, combine large amounts of data and develop/maintain key industry Associate relationships. It is essential that the Officer quickly identify the most salient issues within a survey poll and understand how those issues are or can best be measured and disclosed. The Officer will manage multiple industries and sectors simultaneously.
Other roles include;
• Create specific research standards for surveys and research projects.
• Cultivate, develop and maintain new and ongoing relationships with numerous and diverse industry
• Analyse data for clients that may potentially be used for feedback and ideas that may improve or influence decision making from key personnel of various organisations.
• Produce research reports, presentations, and summary analysis for internal and external audiences.
• Maintain and improve the company’s professional reputation which is used to group industries by their use of resources and sustainability impacts/opportunities.
• Periodically refine the map by evaluating sustainability issues, the tests/methodology used to determine materiality, key words and the test data sources.
• Consult with the Head of Knowledge and Evidence on matters related to materiality, standards development, research practices, business structure/strategy and growth.
• Drive initiatives for the SASB leadership team and organization that contribute to long-term organizational excellence.
• Liaise with functional leads to maximize internal research and standards development.
• Implementation of surveys and scoping studies
• Project management
• Analysis and Interpretation of data
• Dissemination of research findings
• Master’s degree in statistics, Economics, Anthropology, International Development, Public policy or related field from any reputable institution.
• This is a fast paced environment requiring self-direction, accountability, and high degree of personal initiative. The Officer must be able to work independently and produce high quality output. We’re looking for a leader to personally drive our research and standards to success.
• Strong self-starter with ability to initiate work manages performance to fulfill responsibilities in the face of competing priorities and meet strict deadlines.
• Ideal candidate will have 5 – 7 plus years’ experience as a research Officer or similar role, performing quantitative research/analysis, data modeling, and data mining.
• Exceptional research and analysis skills and comprehension/synthesis of complex information.
• Excellent writing skills across a range of formats and audiences.
• High energy level with a sense of urgency and a results oriented approach.
• Exceptional attention to detail; high degree of initiative.
• Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills and a collaborative work style.
• Excels at operating in a fast pace, community environment.
• Open to direction and suggestions.
• Collaborative work style and commitment to getting the job done.
• Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization, analyzing situations from several points of view.
• Persuasive with details and facts.
• A demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
• Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Windows.
5 - 6 years