Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
To work as agreed with the Head, Procurement on major Sourcing initiatives as well as identify, develop and execute commercial solutions
• To create a commodity specific best in class sourcing leadership to the organization by benchmarking new processes, approaches, and technology that will continually drive improvements on performance and business results, maximizing value to the organization.
•To take responsibility for the development and implementation of effective category strategies across the appropriate lines of business or the entire enterprise.
•To research, identify and analyze current and emerging procurement trends, develop a deep understanding of market conditions, develop proposed supply chain solutions focusing on total cost of ownership and Supplier Diversity.
•To build and leverage strong working relationships with internal customers and key suppliers to assure cost, quality, and delivery targets are met.
•To create and communicate a vision of potential opportunities with enthusiasm, and rally support for that vision while motivating others.
•Contribute to achievement of the development of a pool of local suppliers
• Ensure that Total Cost of Ownership targets are met and/or exceeded
• Drives for early Strategic Sourcing involvement in the project lifecycle to better influence strategy and results through the establishment of a commodity specific Category Advisory boards.
• Develops and implements effective category strategies across the appropriate lines of business and/or the entire enterprise.
• Develop sourcing strategies and market approach, negotiating “best in class” commercial solutions aligned to business drivers or delivering specified components thereof.
• Undertake defined aspects of key commercial activities necessary to support delivery of the commercial solution (e.g. Contract Due Diligence) – undertake relevant analysis as required at key stages of the sourcing process.
• Manage the handover of commercial arrangements into live operation post contract award
• Develops presentations and presents recommended commercial and sourcing solutions in a clear, concise, and effective manner to leadership to gain understanding and support
• Researches, identifies, and analyzes current supplier and market trends
• Benchmarks new processes, approaches, and technology that will continually drive improvements on performance and business results
• Contributes to the development of the strategic sourcing vision (strategic 5-year plan) and annual operating plan. Sets and re-evaluates priorities in accordance with business needs and expectations.
• Builds and leverages strong working relationships with internal customers and key suppliers
• Assist in developing supplier scorecards that measure performance against key requirements and obligations
• Assist in the development of Supplier Diversity opportunities by identifying new and/or alternative suppliers
• Develops and leads implementation of supply chain process improvements
• Knowledge sharing with sourcing colleagues, supporting new ways of working and assist with the development and implementation of new tools and techniques
• Work cross-functionally to establish and maintain working relations with other parts of the Group, influencing as needed to deliver role outputs
• Work with Head, Procurement to plan approach to market, drawing up timelines and personal task management sheets to achieve agreed objectives. Report on project status while maintaining all management activities on a day-to-day basis
• Ensure sourcing is in line with organisational and external governance (i.e. FICA)
• Support and contribute to team building and team dynamics through personally displaying leadership and team attributes
• Embrace new ways of working with Sourcing Colleagues and wider community, helping to embed new ways of working and cultural changes
• Relationships with stakeholders of commodity portfolio under their management which includes; Directors and Senior Staff across functional and hierarchical boundaries.
• The incumbent is responsible establishing, brokering and leveraging a wide and diverse span of relationships and alliances across functional boundaries within the Provincial Management and the head office specialist/ support network which is fundamental to the attainment of integration, coordination, budgetary control and commitment needed to achieve objectives and prompt problem resolution.
• Suppliers, limited to services rendered specific to the commodity portfolio under their management which includes engagement with but not limited to; Directors, Sales Managers, Business Owners etc.
• Commodity specific – engagement with;
• Procurement Managers, Commodity Managers, MIS Manager, The Policies and Contracts Manager, The Logistics Manager, the Finance Manager, the Supply Chain Director.
• Financial Shared Services, Internal Audit Department and Group Legal.
• Professional Bodies like IPSA and SAPICS.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.