The CFO is responsible for the preparation of all management reports, cost analysis, budgets and forecasts. He/she will work hand in hand with the Head of Finance Reporting to ensure effective and timely flow of financial information for Management decision making to the Board of Directors and Senior Management, and where necessary, external parties such as investors, regulators, tax offices or financial institutions. The successful candidate must have a proven track record in the area of Performance management and will be responsible for providing effective and efficient financial advice and support to the organisation and colleagues to enable them to make sound business decisions.
- Develop, implement and enforce new reporting pack, containing management information on month by month basis, such as, but not limited to variance analysis of actual vs budgeted expenditure for all the group’s reporting divisions.
- Develop and implement a new budget reporting, assist the COO with all Board reports including forecasts and performance management reporting.
- Evaluate and advise department heads on the impact of long range planning, introduction of new projects/strategies for the business.
- Provide timely and accurate analysis of budgets, management reports and KPI’s analysis in order to assist the CEO/COO, the Board and other senior executives in strategic decision making.
- Continual improvement of the budgeting process through education of department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
- Establish credibility throughout the organization and with the Board as an effective developer of solutions to business challenges.
- Work with the COO in securing new venture capital when needed
- Provide technical financial advice and knowledge to others within the organistion
- Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., evaluation of new projects and ventures.
- Enhance and improve the existing cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs.
- Monitor costs and credit control for the Group
- Assist in the external audit and tax processes when required
- Liaising with third parties including auditors and tax consultant.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Excellent communications skills – the ability to influence and persuade others using appropriate written or oral presentations / techniques.
- Analytical skills – being able to find solutions to complex problems and explain them clearly.
- Ability to supervise and support the work of others and able to balance workload priorities.
- Able to develop management reports
- Ability to establish and maintain effective relationships with peers and employees
- Ability to present information and make recommendations effectively in oral and written form.
- Proficient computer skills and working knowledge of the Internet
- Communication & Interpersonal, Leadership, Analytical Thinking Skills
Education and Training
- Master degree-level education in Finance or Accounting
- Qualified member of an accountancy body or holder of an equivalent qualification (ACCA)
- Advanced Microsoft Excel