UNICEF's mission in Nigeria is to help governments at all levels, organizations, communities and families provide every child with education, health, equality and protection.
UNICEF Nigeria seeks the services of suitable and qualified candidates to fill the following positions:
Vacancy No: E-VN-2015-000564
Duty Station: Abuja
Job Level: P-3
Application Close: 27-Mar-15
Contract Type: Long-term Staff (FT)
Purpose of the Position
Under the close guidance of the Chief of Communications, Polio Unit, Abuja, and under the direct supervision of the Data Specialist (P4) polio, the incumbent will provide technical oversight and guidance to the monitoring, evaluation and data management requirements of the communication and social mobilization component of the polio programme nationwide. This includes analysis of epidemiological & social data from MIS and preparation of reports & technical presentations for use with partners, trainings & workshops.
Key Expected Results
1. Monitoring, Evaluation & Research Planning.
Overall coordination of management information systems for polio eradication activities in the country, including analysis of trends, outcomes and results related to polio epidemiology, supplementary immunization activities and social mobilization. Ensure timely, appropriate and rapid analysis of epidemiological and communication trends for polio and produce, manage and distribute regular updates. To facilitate this activity, the staff member will ensure clear direction to state and LGA communication consultants on input, output, outcome and impact indicators, data processing and local analysis of results. The incumbent will also coordinate closely with partner agencies, particularly the Emergency Operations Centre for polio communication and data working groups to create a consolidated data set on programmatic and communication interventions to support polio eradication and routine immunization.
2. Situation Monitoring and Assessment.
Support the Polio Unit staff and state and LGA on the collection, synthesis and analysis of data related to social mobilization activities for polio. Design data entry screens, queries and reports and integrate with other applications for presentations and analysis. Develop information packages containing monthly summaries for project managers at LGA, state, and Regional Levels, donors and UNICEF partners in polio eradication.
3. Programme Performance Monitoring. The planning function of the Country Office has quality information to assess progress towards expected annual and multi-year results. Support the Chief of Communication, Polio and other senior officials in presenting UNICEF's analysis of the epidemiological progress of the disease in the country, the programme response and the results from UNICEF-supported interventions. This analysis, to be prepared on a regular basis, will inform UNICEF's advocacy agenda with the national and state governments, partners and national and international media to ensure a timely and appropriate response from Government to interrupt transmission, to mobilize high-level political and social support for the polio eradication campaign in Nigeria., and to assure donors and partner agencies on the effectiveness of the UNICEF-supported communication strategy. Provide inputs to both donor reports on progress against approved activities, as well as inputs to fundraising for UNICEF activities in polio communication.
4. M&E Capacity Building. Act as a resource for building the monitoring and evaluation capacities of Country Office staff and national partners - government and civil society - and to meet the expectations and requirements of their positions and responsibilities.
5. Coordination and Networking Actively participate in Government, partner and expert-led forums, reviews and consultations related to polio epidemiology, programme response and communication activities. Provide support to the Representative, Chief of the Polio Unit and other staff in effectively representing UNICEF policy and response to polio eradication.
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Competencies of Successful Candidate
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.