FJAJobs Associates Limited is recruiting interested and suitably qualified candidates into the following vacant position:
A special purpose firm that provides professional services including research, training and consulting seeks to recruit an ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR to head its Consulting Services Department, which is one of the five departments within the firm.
a. Job Responsibilities:
The Associate Director, Consulting manages the entire activities of the department. He/She is responsible for project generation and delivery, as well as, supervising and motivating the staff towards effective implementation of stated strategic objective.
Specific roles and responsibilities involve the following:
i. Firm and Department's Strategy
- -Participates in corporate and departmental strategic planning process of the firm involving opportunity identification and development in existing client accounts, resource planning for the department.
- -Supervises the development of the department's budget and its defense; as well as implementation of approved budgets.
- -Oversees and anchors new product and service lines development.
ii. Project Management
- -Ensures that projects are delivered according to time estimates, terms of engagement and Budget.
- -Ensures specific responsibilities assigned project teams are carried out for the purpose of executing the mandate given by Project Director.
- -Effectively serves as Project Team Manager on major projects, working with associates and reporting to the Project Director.
- -Supervises the activities of the other project managers on smaller related assignments
iii Team Development
- -Coordinates coaching of subordinates in key project implementation skills, business development and organisational skills.
- -Directs, motivates and develop subordinates by maximizing their individual contributions, their professional growth and their ability to function effectively with other colleagues as a team.
- -Has responsibility for team discipline and compliance to defined standards.
- -Ensures that the department complies with the firm's defined knowledge management steps on client engagements, for future use on projects to increase quality and value of future engagements to clients.
- -Builds effective mutually beneficial relationships with existing and potential clients – always striving to meet or exceed the professional service expectations of the customer and ensuring deliverables of contracted projects are of high standards.
- -Engages in market intelligence analysis for understanding expectations from the stakeholders base.
- -Inform and provides solutions to clients by being knowledgeable of the services and standards, while keeping update on regulatory changes, trends and occurrences with potential or direct impact on client's sector or client's business.
- -Coordinates activities of the firm with other functional heads to contribute to the Firm's total success.
- -Coordinates activities of different functions and engages other functions across the firm to contribute successfully.
- -Actively seeks new opportunities that drive the Firm's growth and development in terms of service quality across the firm.
- -Serves as a member of the Management Committee [MANCO].
- -Attended Board meetings in observer status.
- -Contributes to applicable Board Committee meetings as per assigned committees to his/her peers in the management team.
- -Represents the CEO on applicable events in rotation with peers.
- -Any other duties assigned by the Project/Managing Director for departmental, firm-wide, industry specific or sector related matters.
- - Project management
- - Systems thinking
- - Stakeholder engagement
- - High performance team building skills
- - Mastery of MS packages as well as database management is a critical skill
- - Mastery of business models, deep industry knowledge and functional skills
- - Excellent organizational skills and ability to work under tight deadlines
- - Capacity to play both leadership and team member roles as may be required on projects and tasks
The firm is a learning organization, with diversified and knowledgeable stakeholders as well as very intelligent employees. Therefore, the role requires a self-motivated leader with demonstrable capacity for effective interpersonal relationships as well as life learning.
- -Post graduate degree in Social Sciences, including experience or deep knowledge of the financial service sector, plus professional membership of internationally recognised Project Management Institute/CIPD/CIPM/ISPI etc,
- -Minimum of 15 years of working experience, 7 of which must have been in advisory consulting function of well-established firm with multi-jurisdictional spread, at senior management level.
- -Verifiable project or learning experience in very diverse and multi-racial settings will very helpful in the role.
- -A doctorate degree in any of the social sciences will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
The firm is a learning organization with demonstration of best practice as a great place to work. Therefore, compensation is holistic with a balance of financial and non-financial benefits, in line with best practices for professional services firms.
To apply, kindly send in an application letter justifying your qualification for the role, an updated CV and recent professional portrait/passport photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on Friday, March 13, 2015.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.