Monitoring and Evaluation Manager - Nigeria
The Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Manager oversees the
successful implementation of all country office monitoring and
evaluation activities through implementation of established M&E
strategies and guidelines. The M&E Manager will work in coordination
with the Life Skills & Sponsorship Manager, Income Generation
Manager and Finance Manager to ensure quality data collection, analysis
and reporting to HQ Global Programs Unit. The M&E Manager is a
member of the country office Senior Management Team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Monitoring and Evaluation Program Planning:
- Develop field level framework and schedule of implementation for all
components of the M&E system, in accordance with WfWI strategies
- Coordinate closely with relevant program managers to facilitate the staff use of and training in all M&E forms.
- Promote a culture of “Lessons Learned” and best practices of M&E
activities, ensuring that data and processes are discussed in
appropriate forums and in timely fashion for effective use in field
Monitoring and Evaluation Program Implementation and Management:
- Manage and provide M&E guidance to M&E Officer(s) and
country staff in the implementation of all monitoring and evaluation
activities, programs and strategy.
- Coordinate with Life Skills & Sponsorship Manager, Income
Generation Manager and Finance Manager to ensure that M&E data is
integrated into all country planning, programming, and reporting.
- Oversee data collection, training of staff in M&E activities and tracking of program participants and graduates.
- Participate in regular field visits to support implementation and
identify areas where adjustments are needed for better M&E
- Consistently compile and report on key M&E information to
fulfill data/ information requests from country office and GPU, and
maintain accurate records of communication.
- Performance manage direct reports in line with Women for Women
International’s performance management framework, including the setting
of annual performance objectives, development plans, performance
appraisal and regular 1:1 meetings regarding progress throughout the
year. Provide coaching, mentoring and on-the-job training.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
METHOD OF APPLICATION
- Minimum of 7 years work experience in relevant field, preferably
within the INGO sector, of which at least 3 years at managerial level.
- Master’s Degree in Social Sciences or related discipline;
significant number of years of relevant work experience may be
considered in lieu of advanced degree, but minimum Bachelor’s Degree in
relevant field is required.
- Proven experience of using participatory tools and methodologies for
program identification, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Understanding and experience of gender issues and commitment to addressing gender inequalities in all areas of responsibility.
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to present complex data and analysis in a clear way.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work well as a part of
a team and to interact professionally with culturally and
linguistically diverse staff and participants.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision, and under pressure and to meet deadlines.
- Ability and willingness to travel around the country and internationally as required.
- High level of fluency in spoken and written English
- Language fluency in Hausa /Ibo (primary languages of the country);
- Excellent computer skills including working with Microsoft Word,
Excel, PowerPoint and Email. Database /data entry and analysis
experience is required.
- Must be a citizen of Nigeria or third country national with valid work permit.
If you have the required qualifications and experience, please email
your cover letter, CV, 3 professional references and a brief on how you
match the requirements and your experience of delivering the key tasks.
Applicant materials should be sent in MS Word or PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please put M&E Manager in the subject line. Application deadline: 6 January 2012. Only short listed applicants will be invited to interview. No telephone inquiries please.