Stanbic IBTC Bank is a leading African banking group focused on emerging markets globally. It has been a mainstay of South Africa's financial system for 150 years, and now spans 16 countries across the African continent.
Standard Bank is a firm believer in technical innovation, to help us guarantee exceptional client service and leading edge financial solutions. Our growing global success reflects our commitment to the latest solutions, the best people, and a uniquely flexible and vibrant working culture. To help us drive our success into the future, we are looking for resourceful individuals to join our dedicated team at our offices.
• To direct preventative repairs and maintenance procedures and ensure buildings and equipments are well maintained and in optimal working condition.
• To ensure that all operations are in accordance with established health, safety and environmental standards and regulations and that services purchased are of acceptable quality at the least possible cost.
• To keep Senior Management abreast of significant problems from day to day operational activities and recommend and execute appropriate solutions.
• To act as the Services manager and maintain operational running of all the equipments ensuring there are no risk to the bank’s assets.
Role involves establishing maintenance procedures. Responsible for co-ordinating facilities maintenance of the branches nationwide, head office campuses. Ensures that buildings are fully functional and operational. Ensures that all operations are in accordance with established health and safety regulations and that services purchased are of acceptable quality at the least possible cost. Keeps Senior Management well informed of significant problems from day to day operational activities. Trains, directs and appraises assigned personnel. Also acts as the Services manager and carries the responsibility of operational running of all the equipment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1. Responsible for development and implementation of effective operations management policies.
a. Executes established operational goals and ensures that corporate-wide plans are complemented and supported.
b. Assist senior management with long term budget goals, budget projections, SLA’s and Contracts.
2. Responsible for the effective operations management of the
a. Coordinates and arranges third party services of maintenance contractors, suppliers, vendors etc. Deals with contractors on daily basis.
b. Day to day running and control of: Air conditioners, borehole & water treatment plants, generators, electrical and plumbing etc.
c. Manages space planning. Ensure that the building layout will accommodate present and future operational and space requirements.
d. Conducts periodic inspections of facilities, assesses problems and needs, and implements improvements in operations as appropriate.
e. Coordinates maintenance activities. Ensures that the facilities are clean, well maintained, and in good repair. Directs preventive maintenance procedure as appropriate.
f. Ensures that bank operations are in compliance with established procedures, policies, regulations and codes as it affects maintenance.
g. Ensures that work area is clean, secure and as well maintained.
3. Responsible for the efficient and cost effective administration of building operations.
a. Develops and implements a process flow methodology for facilities management operations.
b. Completes and generates updates schedules for building expenditures.
c. Creates safety awareness, implements safety directives and trains staff in Health and Safety.
d. Ensures compliance with legal regulations. Completes regular HSE inspections and updates monthly reports as appropriate and ensure that HSE requirements are effectively implemented.
e. Ensures that facilities operations are cost effective, efficient and within established budget constraints.
f. Researches vendors, contractors and suppliers to ensure that equipment and services are of acceptable quality, competitively priced and delivered on time.
g. Ensures that all maintenance agreement and leases are current.
4. Responsible for vendor, contractor and other trade professional relationships.
a. Works to develop and maintain productive business relations with vendors, suppliers contractors etc.
b. Ensures effective coordination of external services with banking operations.
c. Obtains and conveys information as appropriate.
d. Promotes goodwill and a positive image of the bank.
5. Effective supervision of building personnel, ensuring optimal performance.
a. Provides leadership to assigned personnel through effective objective setting, delegation and communication. Conducts regular meetings to ensure that the personnel are well informed of changes in policies and procedures. Discuses areas needing improvement.
b. Assigns and coordinates personnel. Directs daily operations.
c. Conducts performance appraisals. Provides measurable feedback to assigned personnel and suggestions for improved performances. Formulates and implement employee corrective actions as needed.
To apply, click here