Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy.
You'll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
Providing ACF’s field teams in Nigeria with essential logistics support. You’ll oversee supply chain management & procurement for all bases & the Abuja capital team, as well as stepping in to help implement other logistical activities, thereby ensuring project goals are achieved as planned.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Ensure conformity with ACF procedures at each stage of the supply chain.
- Perform in respect of costs, quality and timeliness in the supply chain (purchasing, transport, stock) all over Nigeria.
- Provide logistic support during emergency response activities.
- With the logistics coordinator coordinate the regular development of logistics assessment reporting on bases.
- Support the the Head of Base in their daily tasks.
- Support the logistics Capital in the organisation and management of Abuja logistics.
Does this description fit you?
You’re enthusiastically pursuing a career as a logistics professional
- You have a Bachelor’s degree in Logistics, Supply Chain Management, Business, Engineering or a related field. You have either started or completed further studies in Humanitarian Logistics or International Development.
- You have at least 2 years’ international professional experience in similar roles & humanitarian emergency contexts.
You’re a creative problem-solver
- You have experience working with colleagues who do not speak your language. You are used to explaining your work in non-technical terms. You are comfortable explaining & reinforcing policies & procedures to a team.
- You like finding straight-forward solutions to tricky problems & then making sure that these are implemented.
Your work style builds confidence within your team
- You like to keep your work well organized & pay attention to small details. You are tactful, listen carefully to others & are comfortable working in a support function. You take pride in making sure you meet deadlines & that procedures are followed correctly.
- You’re genuinely enthusiastic about helping the whole mission achieve their objectives. You like to pass on to others what you’ve learnt & thrive on the variety of logistics activities that fall within the department’s scope of responsibility.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.