Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
- Perform all accounting operations related to recording vouchers and the payment of creditors in a timely and reliable manner for the assigned portfolio
- Ensure periodic closing of account payable ledger in accordance with the defined planning and in respect of Group procedures and local regulations for the assigned portfolio
- Ensure all internal control standards linked to AP and the related procedures are effectively respected
Duties & Responsibilities
- Receive, check and enter all invoices for all goods and services purchased
- Match receipts in the inventory module with suppliers invoices and employee expense reports against all supporting documents
- Control correctness of invoices and prepare for payments
- Participate to resolve any discrepancies between invoice and received goods and services
- Comply with tax regulations in force related to AP transactions
- Check for potential duplicate payments
- Reconcile supplier accounts on a regular basis
- Ensure timely close of Accounts Payable system in accordance with accounts closing schedules
- Ensure accruals from previous month are reversed before posting new accruals
- Assure proper documentations and filing
Essential & Desirable Skills
- Accounting Princinples
- Lafarge Common Language
- Familiarity with ERP system (JDE)
- Purchasing and inventory processes
- VAT and Withholding tax legislation(basics)
- Internal (SOX)controls
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.