The Center for Peace Studies (CPS), Usmanu Danfodiyo University Sokoto (UDUS) is seeking for well-motivated individuals for its collaborative project with the School for Conflict Analysis and Resolution, George Mason University, Virginia. The project "Strengthening Graduate Education in Peace Studies and Conflict Resolution in Northern Nigeria" is sponsored by the United States Institute of Peace (USIP).
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job ID: 872086
- The PCI leads the instruction, curriculum design and development component of the CPS project.
- The ideal candidate must be experienced in teaching and designing instruction materials at the tertiary education level.
- The PCI reports directly to the Director of the Center for Peace Studies.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads instruction and curriculum development activities of the CPS project.
- Teaching, curriculum designs and development in peace and conflict studies (PCS)
- Integration of theories, research and practices in teaching and curriculum development.
- Design experiential learning and reflective practice activities for inclusion in PCS academic curriculum.
- Applicants must be working towards a PhD Degree or a PhD holder in Peace and Conflict Studies or relevant disciplines such as Development Studies, Sociology, Psychology, History, Political Science or Economics.
- Minimum of 5 years' experience in teaching and curriculum development in tertiary institutions.
- Ability to demonstrate facilitation and leadership skills in working in a competitive academic environment.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their application letter, Resume/CV and writing samples to: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more enquries or questions about this position please email Ernest Ogbozor at: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale