ABB (www.abb.com) is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 145,000 people
As a Sales Manager, you will be part of the Discrete Automation and Motion Division and Drives Business Unit based at Lagos. ABB is World's leader in Discrete Automation Business and Services in Drives, Motors and Generators, and Robotics.
As a Sales Manager your tasks will be as follows:
• To be responsible for target and measure the attainment of targets for the department in line with the business segment’s strategy, and is responsible for the established sales projections together with the business segment’s management, the Product Manager and Senior Account Manager.
• To establish “customer plans” and sales strategies together with the business segment’s manager, and is responsible for the sales department’s personnel, projections and results.
• To coordinate the collection and analysis of market information from the various members in the sales team and compiles a market analysis within the unit’s product area of responsibility, as well as initiating appropriate activities in order to reach the establishes targets.
• To prepare business plans which cover business development, acquisition of enterprises and phases for after sales service in a defined market.
• To ensure that the marketing communications are in line with the established sales strategy and that this is written down in an established sales plan.
• To facilitate negotiations and develop the cooperation with channel partners (and/or other key participants), also including the production of cooperation agreements.
• To ensure profitable customer and target group segmentation, coordinate appropriate activities along with the manager for the business segment.
• To establish sales quotas and growth objectives for his/her sales team, broken down for each team member, and follow-up that the established targets have been achieved, ensure that the sales team is motivated when it comes to sales of the entire defined portfolio, and also takes into consideration the possibility to additionally sell service agreements.
• To monitor and motivate the risk assessment team and coordinates with relevant stakeholders.
• To facilitate the effectiveness of sales support via ensuring sufficient competency of each individual as a part of the Personnel Development Guide (PDG), and who is periodically reviewed in-between the annual development conversation.
• To coach and support the team as well as each individual team member in formulating strategies, negotiating and closing sales.
• To be responsible for feedback to the manager for the business segment concerning sales development, distribution of resources and the current status of the market.
• To ensure that the team follows up customer satisfaction issues, and has access to sales support, also to ensure that won/lost analyses are made with completed business transactions.
Ideally you'll hold Bachelor degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent work experience. MBA from a reputable university/college inside or outside Nigeria is a plus, a minimum of 6-8 years experience in technical sales management and/or experience in industrial automation systems.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale