Job in a Large Plantation in Nigeria via CA Global
Posted on: 3 March, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Agriculture / Agro-Allied
View All Jobs at CA Global
Large plantation in Nigeria is seeking a Finance Director for their agricultural operations in the country. This individual will be responsible for providing timely and effective professional overall management and control, of the Finance, Accounting and Administration department. Position report to the Group CFO and Managing Director.
The individual will be based at the corporate head office on one of the plantation's estates near Benin City.
- Co-ordinate all activities of the Finance, Accounting and Administration departments.
- Accounting Activities and Reporting.
- Preparation and implementation of the corporate budgets and accounts.
- Maintain accurate computerized control of budget expenditures against approved allocations and verify compliance with reports received from Departmental Heads and recommend remedial follow-up actions.
- Reporting and accounting as per regulatory and legal requirements including taxation, dividends, and analytical reports, annual reports and accounts.
- Coordinate external audits.
- Provide timely, accurate and useful management information to the Managing Director and to the Group Finance Director.
- Oversee cash flow planning and ensure availability of funds as needed.
- Oversee cash, investment and asset management.
- Oversee financing strategies and activities, as well as banking relationships.
- Monitor and control monthly reconciliation of cash, products, stocks, etc;
- Team Management:
- Mentor and manage the staff in the Finance, Accounts and Administration department, managing work allocation, training, problem resolution, performance appraisal and building of an effective team dynamic.
- Contribute to strategic planning and development as a member of the executive team.
- Assess organizational performance against both the annual budget and the Company’s long-term goals.
- Develop tools and systems to provide critical financial and operational information to the Managing Director.
- University degree in Finance/Economics or chartered accountant
- Minimum 5 years in a similar position
- Fluent in English
- Previous exposure to West Africa
- Experience in the Agricultural Industry
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about CA GlobalSimilar Jobs
- CRM and Communications Manager at Farmcrowdy
- Business Accountant at Saro Agro-Allied Limited
- HR Officer at The West African Cotton Company Limited (WACOT)
- Feed-Mill Supervisor at Efugo Farms
- Navision & Sharepoint Developer at Saroafrica International Limited
- Fresh Vacancies at Saro Agro Sciences Limited
- Business Development Executives at Contec Global Agro Limited
- Job Opportunities at Babban Gona