The World Meteorological Organization requires a highly qualified locally-recruited Secretary for its Office for North, Central and West Africa, located in Abuja, Nigeria.
- Under the overall supervision of the WMO Representative for North, Central and WestAfrica and under direct supervision of the National Programme Officer, the Incumbent will perform the following duties:
- Classify all the incoming and outgoing documents. Prepare the monthly account of the Office. Prepare correspondence, some of which is highly confidential in both French and English.
- Transmit the outgoing mails.
- Maintain the proper Office filing system;
- Make travel arrangements (flight booking and purchase of tickets) for the supervisors and perform liaison duties with other units;
- Arrange appointments and maintain the supervisors' calendar, place and screen telephone calls and answer queries with discretion;
- Keep lists of names, addresses and telephone numbers of relevant partners (Ministers, Government Officials and members of the Diplomatic Corps and Donor Organizations);
- Prepare briefing material for the supervisors for use on Official trips or special meetings;
- Perform any other assignment that he/she may be directed.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Completed secondary school education or equivalent administration studies with corresponding diploma.
- A minimum of five years progressively responsible experience in secretarial functions.
- Demonstrated experience in screening and filtering incoming correspondence and documents and working experience in a United Nations or related international organization.
- Must possess demonstrated ability to work with Microsoft Office software, word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software and multi-tasking systems [e-mail, agendas, etc.) and the use of Oracle 1-Procurement applications. Good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to draft and produce correspondence, to manage and balance workloads and timelines within a multi-structured environment.
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to detail.
- Excellent typing skills.
- Excellent knowledge of English and a very good knowledge of French (oral and written).
- Knowledge of other WMO official languages would be an advantage.
Method of Application
NATURE OF ASSIGNMENT A monthly salary commensurate with G.3 level (approximately NGN 272095) AND SALARY: Will be offered based on experience. This is a temporary appointment of up to eleven months on Abuja local conditions.
COMMENCEMENT OF DUTY: 1 May 2015 or as soon as possible thereafter.
APPLICATIONS: In order for the applications to be considered valid, these should be submitted with a cover letter (not more than one page) specifying the motivation for applying, and addressed to The WMO Representative, WMO Office for North, Central and West Africa. All applications should include a functional e-mail address, mobile number, detailed curriculum vitae and completed
WMO Personal History Form, which can be downloaded from the Internet at http://www.wmo.int/pages/prog/isp/linkedfiles/PHFE.rtf
Please note that this position will be based in Abuja and is open to Nigerian nationals or permanent residents.
CLOSING DATE: Interested candidates are invited to submit their application by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 13 March 2015. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale