If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Weatherford is one of the largest diversified upstream oilfield service companies in the world. Our global network includes more than 67,000 people, 1000 service bases, 87 manufacturing facilities, and 16 technology and training centers in more than 100 countries.
Our products and services span the lifecycle of a well, including drilling, evaluation, completion, production and intervention. The Company’s range of production-enabling technologies include evaluation services, directional drilling services, controlled pressure drilling (CPD®) systems, cased hole completion systems, expandable technologies, intelligent completion technologies, production optimization systems and all major forms of artificial lift
The Field Engineer will be responsible for the successful installation of optical and electronic downhole reservoir monitoring equipment for regions supported by Production Optimisation GBU. The installations will be performed directly by the job holder or indirectly through the supervision of 3rd parties. The work performed on/offsite will be under customer supervision to the contracted specification. These are to be achieved within the framework of the job scope and subject to our client contractual obligations and both regulatory and Weatherford policies and procedure requirements
The position is classified as mobile and the job holder is required to respect the global nature of the business and be prepared to travel nationally and internationally to support business requirements in countries covered by Production Optimisation GBU. Periods of travel and duration of work are project specific and variable.
- The Field Engineer is responsible for ensuring that he/she is familiar and confident in performing all “field operations” in advance of being required to perform the actual “field operations”. Any deficiencies identified are to be reported in a timely manner to ensure all “field operations” are performed successfully to the contracted specification.
- The Field Engineer is responsible for identifying and documenting any Risk Assessment, associated with performing “field operations” in a timely manner ahead or performing the said “field operation”.
- The Field Engineer is responsible for ensuring he/she participates in Projects to Operations handover, evaluating the content of any Rig Book and or Procedures and Work Instructions and ensuring any deficiencies are noted and highlighted.
- The Field Engineer is responsible for the Safety, Integrity and Security of all equipment used or delivered for “field operations”, he/she is also responsible for ensuring all equipment is returned and any damages or shortages reported to the Company Man and PE prior to back-loading and shipment.
- Work Closely with the business unit leaders to establish requirements, processes and procedures for the relevant Product Line’s
- Work closely with the operations group to gian workshop and field experience
- Utilise the Weatherford competency programme to obtain the correct level of competency for the role
- Must be able to demonstrate leadership in Internal and External forums
- Setting up key standards/procedures in the Production Optimization/Reservoir Monitoring Product lines
- Conduct Market Research within the Regions to develop and maintain the GBU strategy in order to maximize our market share/ new penetration in this market to improve operating income
- The Field Engineer is responsible for all “field operations” equipment.
- When arriving onsite the Field Engineer is responsible for ensuring that all equipment for installation in the Well is bench checked and where practical all Weatherford and /or 3rd party interfaces are rechecked in a timely manner ahead of Rig Floor operations.
- The Field Engineer is responsible for all “field operation” reporting, including daily reports and end of job reporting. This includes accurate completion of the company’s WPTS.
- Any other delegated responsibilities as instructed by Line Management within the timeframe specified in a safe and efficient manner to meet business requirements, provided the instruction is reasonable and you are capable and deemed competent to fulfil these
KNOWLEDGE,SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Proficient verbal and written communication skills
- Minimum of 3-5 Years experience in relevant field
- experienced in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, etc…)
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to problem solve using thorough analytical skills
- Should be able to work closely with internal and external customers
- Self-motivated and committed to service quality a must
- The physical ability to immediately respond to emergency situations
Bachelor’s degree in Electrical/ Electronics Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering or equivalent
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here