Data Management Advisor at John Snow Inc (JSI)
Posted on: 22 December, 2011
Deadline: 29 December, 2011
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View Jobs posted same day
John Snow Inc is a US based international public health consulting firm that manages four projects or contracts in Nigeria through its integarted office in Abuja. JSI is looking to employ a qualified individual for the following position:
Database Management Advisor
Under the supervision of the Director, Monitoring and Evaluation, the Data Management Advisor (DMA) will be responsible for the design and development of specific databases for collecting, tracking and reporting of program and research data.
The DMA will be responsible for the following:
1. Review and update data management protocols to reflect changes in program information systems
2. Ensure compliance to data management protocols
3. Provide technical guidance and support in the use of databases.
4. Ensure regular and timely entry of data into appropriate databases
5. Supervise and carry out data quality checks.
6. Coordinate the provision of feedback of identified data quality issues to relevant department/program leads and follow up to ensure that corrective actions are taken.
7. Participate in data extraction and migration activities from databases and data analysis.
8. Develop and participate in capacity building activities in the area of database development and management
9. Ensure security of all databases in coordination with IT team
10. participate in the preparation of monthly/quarterly/semi-annual and annual program reports
11. Participate in troubleshooting program monitoring indicator quality issues and implement resolution strategies
12. Participate in periodic monitoring and supportive visits (MSV) to SDPs
13. Work with short-term technical assistance (STTA) providers to provide required technical assistance for activities and facilitate transfer of skills to appropriate local staff.
14. Participate in the development/review and implementation of all assessment/survey protocols.
15. Perform other duties assigned to the Director, Monitoring and evaluation
Skills and Qualification
Applicant for this position should be Nigerian nationals or residents who possess the following minimum skills and qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in a science/quantitative discipline or related field with 3 - 5 years relevant work experience.
- Proficiency in the use of data analysis software packages (SPSS, EPI INFO, SAS, STATA)
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office Packages, especially Access and Excel, and SQL
- Qualifications and experience in database design and administration are strongly desired.
- Experience in data management and analysis of data for public health programs is desired.
- Ability and willingness to travel in the field.
This is a full time position based in Abuja. JSI offers excellent benefits, salary will be commensurate with experience and salary history.
Interested applicants should submit their cover letter and resume within 1 week of this advertisement by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ensure you write the position applied for in the subject line of your email, otherwise you will be disqualified. Multiple applications will also be disqualified.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Administration and Logistics Assistant at Cuso International
- Latest Job Vacancy at The International Rescue Committee (IRC)
- Consultancy Role at The Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Job Vacancy at The International Centre for Migration Policy Development (ICMPD)
- Latest Job Opportunity at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Human Resource Manager at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Latest Job Opening at Oxfam
- Fresh Jobs at Action Against Hunger | ACF International