Stanbic IBTC is an end-to-end financial services provider. We aim to help you manage and grow your money by providing relevant information and services. We commit to help you move from where you are to where you want to be.
To execute relevant customer relationship and retention management strategy towards delivering of both Liability and Asset budget for the branch(es) under coverage area. To drive the right sales culture amongst all NIB sales staff and spear head acquisition strategy of the NIB business of the branch.
o To engage Companies on a continuous basis for acquisition opportunities in Personal & Business banking .
o To execute robust relationship management techniques that would ensure optimum customer retention
o Identify opportunities in markets, Cooperative Societies/Associations/Unions and engage market associations and representatives of these cooperatives/associations for acquisition.
o To coach and guide team of Direct Sales Agents (DSAs) towards sales achievement
o Relate well with operation staff to ensure minimal Turn Around Time is achieved on account opening
o Ensure that customers are assisted at their place of work to open accounts, complete applications and collect relevant document
Key Performance Measures
• Delivering on the branch(es) budget
• Ability to grow the clientele base of the branch(es)
• Innovative Business Development input through constructive feedback from the market
• Create sales pool for NIB DSAs
• Accountable for developing and implementing an integrated customer marketing plan, which addresses wealth creation, wealth preservation, wealth enhancement and lifestyle enhancement ; this is achieved through an in-depth analysis of the clients balance sheet so as to identify opportunities and match these opportunities to products/ solutions provided by the group.
• Monitor the delivery of different groups (Wealth, Lending, and Transactional) as well as other specialist product and service providers against customer plan.
• Grow portfolio profitability through the utilisation of available multi-channel delivery strategies, such as actively managing customer migration onto electronic banking channels.
• Manage customer migration between segments, sub–segments and the Private Banking business.
• Proactively and timeously indentifies potential problem accounts and formulates appropriate risk mitigating strategies.
• Understands clients risk profile and maximises the ‘risk vs. reward’ balance for individual clients by optimising product mix.
• Comply with rules, regulations, and legislation governing the financial services industry.
Key performance measures
• achievement of relationship manager sales budget
• Growth / Volume – Customer acquisition and retention
• Client profitability and Risk Management
• Cross-sell existing bank and group financial product and services to obtain greater share of wallet.
• Execution of customer plan
• Product specialist assigned to Private Banking business
• Branch Operations
• Group relationships within PBB (Personal and Business Banking), CIB (Corporate and Investment Banking), wealth and offshore.
Main purpose of the job
Key performance measures
Key dimensions of the job
MAIN PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Owns the client relationship with the bank
• Responsible for managing client portfolio, accountable for total clients revenue and cross selling all the bank’s products and services
• The main focus of the role is to sell the Bank’s products with a view to ensuring that the best solutions are given to the client in a value adding way.
• Win new IO relationships - the Embassies, Local & International NGOs, Bi-laterals etc
• Manages IO client portfolio and client relationship to maximize cross selling revenues and client profitability.
• Responsible for liaising with Credit Department (if necessary), providing inputs during credit origination, evaluation and the execution of credit offers.
• Prospecting for new IO clients.
• Manages client budget across all products as approved and also ensuring organic growth through new transactions.
• Liaising with product houses to facilitate new opportunities for both new and existing Clients.
• Manages and Monitors Client account utilization across asset classes and ensures risk management on all client accounts.
• Providing strategic and tactical planning on client’s account by preparation and updating of account plans.
• Responsible for providing information to all internal stakeholders as regards the position of clients within the industry based on client & market knowledge (Get acquainted with key socio-economic indicators within Nigeria & Globally).
• Responsible for managing client service team within the assigned sector in ensuring optimal products utilization, cross selling & effective service delivery according to the set targets.
• Review and analyse client’s financials as well as other relevant reports in order to fully understand the client’s business and needs.
• Support the TB / TSE in the actualization of motivations for changes in pricing, deferrals and sign off on excesses on facilities.
• Preparation of account plans to project client’s performance and position within the industry with a view to further drive business opportunities.
KEY PERFORMANCE MEASURES
• Meets financial targets
• Works within agreed turnaround time for all processes
• 100% Customer Retention
• 80% Customer Satisfaction (Customer satisfaction survey)
• Minimum Multirater Score
• Cross sell Ratio
• Asset Utilisation
• Actual number of new customers
HIGH DIMENSIONS OF THE JOB
• High relationship management of the Clients
• Matrix relationship within the group
• Interface with all product houses
• Should create a wide sphere of influence within the organizations.
• Liaise with all product houses – Internal Relationship
• Liaise with CIB Research team for sector research
• Required to demonstrate strong leadership, communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
• Contact person with the relevant Management Team member of Client Organizations – External relationship
• Liaise with relevant regulators
• Liaise with relevant industry counterparts
• Liaise with Credit (if necessary) for all credit facilities – Internal Relationship
Preparation of call plans, account plan, call memos and status reports on all clients (Daily/Weekly/Monthly)
Preparation of monthly performance report with inputs from Business Mgt team
Routine monitoring of all arrangement, with client to optimize outcomes
PROBLEM SOLVING, PLANNING & DECISION MAKING
• Strategic Advisor to the Client
• Make informed decisions on the appropriate solutions to Clients’ needs.
• Ability to escalate issues in a timely manner
• Should conduct root cause analysis as required.
• Weekly, monthly and Yearly
• Should consider factors that are relevant when making decisions, e.g. socio-economic dynamics, business needs, market trends.
• Where decisions will be based on limited information, the RM should relatively determine amount of risk, is required to collate and analyze information from a number of sources
Purpose of Job
Support the Manager (Branch) in providing effective customer service by managing routine compliance, physical security of the branch and bank assets, query and problem resolution, routine aspects of new business and account maintenance, efficiency of communication channels, relationship maintenance, levels of authority, cost control (budget) as well as management of the service support team. Proactively identify and assess the risks faced by the branch and maintain an effective system of controls to reduce the overall exposure. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
• Risk control, compliance, safe custody and physical security procedures in place and adhered to.
• Operational losses, revenue, expenditure, cash holdings, blank forms and headcount within agreed budgets and projections.
• Sales, cross-selling and migration targets met.
• Efficient voucher flow.
• Accurate vouchers and documentation.
• Customer queuing times within limits as a result of efficient service.
• Turn-around times for customer problem resolution, new accounts, account maintenance, ATM cards etc. in terms of standards.
• Low numbers of exceptions reflected on data clean-up report.
• Positive findings of Internal Audit inspection reports and Compliance teams.
• Satisfied and well-informed customers as measured by Customer Evaluation of Bank Service (CEBS) and Customer Satisfaction Survey (CUSSATS) ratings.
• Subordinate effectiveness and motivation.
• Provide an efficient and technical proficient personal banking service and support to a portfolio of branch based clients
• Achievement of acquiring, expansion, cost management and customer retention targets
• Provide customers with basic day-to-day services
• Motivate credit applications for facilities according to laid down procedures.
• Selling all products through every opportune interaction moment with customers and prospective clients to meet the sales target in volume and value terms.
• Strategize on marketing the products to beat the other players in the market i.e. competitors.
• Advice customers as well as prospective clients on all banking issues as well as financial matters. Advise management on preferred changes in offering services to customers basing on their feedback.
• Maximising return from existing and new customers on banks product through cross selling offered by other business units.
• Identify major risks affecting clients and to ensure necessary steps are taken to measure, monitor and control these risks.
• Portfolio management to ensure low risk and minimum write offs.
• Prepare facility letters after vetting from credit department within turnaround times.
• Action queries and instructions from clients.
• Explain products and procedures clearly and in a factual manner.
• Collect all necessary mandates forms for new accounts.
• Open accounts according to laid down procedures.
• Attend to renewal and early repayments of investment accounts.
• Portfolio Management- ensure that all records are kept in order and up to date.
• Ability to sell Gold products such as VAF, Home loans and Investment products.
• Ability to work independently with minimum supervision in the branch of domicile.
• Ability to relate amicably with credit dept. to motivate for credit approval within a reasonable time frame.
Ensure that customers consistently receive a high quality service by efficiently managing, developing and using all available resources (i.e. staff, systems and processes) and ensuring that a strong, customer-focused service culture becomes entrenched in the service centre. To ensure that customers are migrated to more appropriate and cost-effective channels, that cross-selling opportunities are identified and actioned, based on customer needs. Proactively identify and assess the risks faced by the centres and reduce the overall exposure by maintaining an effective system of controls. Ensure the effective rollout of change management initiatives to the service centres. Maintain a high level of integrity and ethical standards.
•Set and ensure that service standards are maintained, in line with differentiated requirements of the market segments.
•Ensure that customer needs are anticipated and met through provision of appropriate products and services via the most suitable channels.
•Ensure that the centres strive for continuous service improvement.
Convene regular customer discussion forums and action the results.
•Maintain awareness of serious customer complaints and attend to resolution.
•Ensure that opportunities for migration of customers to more appropriate/cost-effective channels and migratable teller/enquiry transactions are identified and actioned.
•Ensure efficient, customer-orientated telephone procedures.
•Discuss staffing requirements as predicted by Branch Scheduling Tool (BST) with Provincial Productivity
•Ensure BST schedule adherence for all reporting Service Centres
Management of service improvement
•Manage the customer problem resolution process and ensure the accurate logging of information.
•Set and monitor turn-around times for resolving customer queries and complaints.
•Ensure that problem root causes are resolved by facilitating corrective action and regular liaison with support entities (including issues relating to ATM and Auto E terminals).
•Ensure that service measurement is maintained and action adverse trends.
Implement service recovery to facilitate customer retention.
•Ensure that customers provide/have provided documentation as required in terms of FICA/KYC legislation
Management of responsive sales and relationship management
•Develop sales and relationship management plans to achieve responsive sales targets for the centers.
•Manage the sales and relationship management tracking system and provide feedback and coaching to the team.
•Identify different local market segments prevalent in geographical area and keep up to date with changes/developments.
•Drive the lead referral system.
•Coach the responsive relationship management team on product knowledge, cross-selling opportunities and assist subordinates in generating meaningful and value-added solutions for customers resulting in maximum business development.
•Ensure the territory where the branch is situated has adequate feel of the bank and its products
Management of credit and operational risk
•Identify the major risks affecting the centres and ensure that the necessary steps are taken to measure, monitor and manage these risks.
•Recommend revision of internal controls to provincial operations where appropriate, to address new or previously uncontrolled risks.
•Manage assets, eg cash and cost accountabilities, with emphasis on the containment of controllable costs.
•Manage and ensure overall operational readiness/efficiency of the centres’ infrastructure (including premises, ATMs, systems), physical security, opening/closing procedures and operational issues such as fraud, losses and differences.
•Ensure irregularities highlighted in routine control reports are attended to.
•Co-ordinate the checking of centre tellers/treasury/blank forms.
•Complete monthly centre housekeeping checklist.
•Report premises/equipment issues to regional operations.
•Ensure that an effective control structure is maintained, with control activities defined at every level and duties appropriately segregated.
•Ensure that levels of authority and limits of access to information/systems are adhered to.
•Ensure that all routine controls relating to new business are effectively applied.
•Ensure compliance with OHS (Occupational Health and Safety) requirements
•Delegate authority and responsibility in line with business objectives and service standards to ensure the empowerment, motivation and effectiveness of all subordinates.
•Monitor and manage the performance and development of subordinates to ensure sustained profitability, compliance with the Code of Banking Practice, internal controls and overall well-being of staff.
•Prepare a flexible staffing plan to meet service/sales demands in the centres, taking into account local conditions, resourcing options and costs.
•Overall staff complement to be in line with productivity measurements. – Branch Scheduling Tool
•Visibly assist the centres in achieving targets and standards of performance by providing consistent encouragement and guidance.
•Ensure that equity requirements are met and transformation initiatives supported.
•Identify strengths and development areas and ensure tat subordinates receive the required coaching/training
•Turn-around times for processing and one-on-one customer interaction in terms of segment standards, efficient service.
•Control operational losses and minimise risk compliance with laid-down instructions and effective management of credit risk, physical security etc.
•Costs contained within budget.
•Availability of ATMs and within target, site cleanliness requirements met, minimal vandalism.
Increased cross-selling ratios.
•Effective migration of customers/transactions to more appropriate channels.
•Requisite stationery and cash supplies held.
•Effective, customer-orientated telephone management.
•Retention of satisfied, well-informed customers as measured by Customer Evaluation of Bank Service (CEBS) ratings.
•Staff effectiveness and motivation Postive findings of Inspection Compliance reports
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.