We're a leading international bank, with more than a 150-year history in some of the world's most dynamic markets.
We bank the people and companies driving investment, trade and the creation of wealth across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
With 1,600 branches and offices in 70 countries, we offer exciting and challenging international career opportunities.
* Work with the Head, Wealth Market Products and Sales in the development and execution of marketing initiatives for the acquisition, retention and growth of target customer base.
* Directly work with customers to deepen and secure new business relationships through the analysis of needs and provision of foreign exchange products and services.
* Creatively tailor products to meet individual customer needs.
* Analyse and review quality of potential and existing business to ensure maximum profitability.
* Maintain accurate and up-to-date records of all actual and attempted customer interactions.
* Attend customer meetings that have defined call objectives, desired outcomes and a well-constructed plan.
* Liaise and provide leadership in areas of expertise, particularly in the provision of products and services to customers.
* To periodically visit the branches with the objective of providing support in marketing their customers, disseminating information on Financial Markets products and understanding their Financial Markets needs.
* To maintain constant relationship with Retail and Commercial Clients through site visits and telephone calls.
* Market new FX products.
* To identify opportunities for cross - selling and referral to other SCB lines through developing and maintaining a close understanding of customers' businesses.
Qualifications & Skills
Enter qualifications and skillsIn compliance with the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) Act of 2004, all applicants should ensure that they have completed the mandatory NYSC programme. A discharge certificate will be required as evidence of completion of the programme. Where an exemption has been granted, a certificate of exemption will also be required.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.