Strengthening Partnerships, Results and Innovations in Nutrition (SPRING) is a five-year (2012 - 2016) cooperative agreement funded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to provide state-of-the-art technical support and facilitate country-led, regional, and global programs to improve the nutritional status of women and children. The SPRING implementation team consists of JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., Helen Keller International (HKI), the International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI), Save the Children (SC), and The Manoff Group (TMG). USAID Nigeria has provided field support funding to the SPRING Project to work in the Lagos State with a focus on infant and young child feeding (IYCF) training packages and technical assistance (TA) that supports development of a national Social and Behavioral Change and Communication (SBCC) strategy.
As a member of the SPRING Team, the Nutrition Coordinator will work under the direction of the SPRING Nigeria Nutrition Advisor in the day-to-day support of the successful implementation of the SPRINGNigeria Project. Overall, the Nutrition Coordinator provides operational and programmatic support in coordinating technical and administrative inputs for the project. The Nutrition Coordinator will report to the SPRING/Nigeria Nutrition Advisor, based in Abuja.
- Ensure the day-to-day implementation of the work plan activities in Cross Rivers State and provide input into the development, on-going management and maintenance of work plan.
- Provide technical support to the LOPIN partner (HIFASS) and relevant Government counterpart to build their capacity in implementing IYCF activities and to ensure that agreed targets are met.
- Responsible for facilitation of trainings, support State level planning and activities onCommunity Infant and Young Child Feeding and other nutrition activities as agreed in the annual workplan.
- Under the Supervision of the Nutrition Advisor, manage the preparation, coordination, and execution of special technical events, such as trainings
- Participate in meetings, seminars, debriefings and other technical meetings.
- Compile State level reports on project results, case studies and lessons learned.
- Develop State level annual, quarterly and monthly workplans as agreed with the line manager.
- Facilitate, draft, and participate in the development of, and/or the timely completion/review of SPRING technical reports, such as: monthly, quarterly, and/or annual reports; strategic plans and work plans; and other ad hoc reports, as required.
- Participate in the design and implementation of assessments and evaluation studies, trainings, and workshops.
- Support the work of consultants in the States as needs arise.
- Document technical team meetings, partner meetings, conferences, and workshops, so that notes are around to team members not in attendance and to SPRING/HQ.
- Provide support on technical initiatives, including performing literature searches, investigating key issues, and contributing to technical activities as required.
- Maintain good relationship with Government and non Government partners working on Nutrition in the State.
- Represent SPRING in State level meetings such as SCFN, working groups, etc.
- Perform other duties and tasks as determined by the SPRING/Nigeria Country Manager and Nutrition Advisor and other members of the SPRING staff, including coordination of travel and assisting SPRING/HQ staff when in country.
- Demonstrates technical knowledge pertaining to job requirement
- Able to work under pressure, minimal supervision and able to meet up deadlines.
- Experience working with an international NGO
- Interest in development issues
- Strong computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in the MS office package
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work successfully in team environment
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality;
- Strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Must possess good interpersonal skills and a good team player.
- Experience working across multiple sub agreements and partners; ability to work well with people at all levels.
- Demonstrated excellent personal integrity and confidentially
- Minimum of Masters degree in Nutrition, Nutritionand Dietetics, or
- Masters in Public Health (with a focus on Nutrition)
- At least 5 years relevant working experience in nutrition development programs and with international NGO
Method of Application
Interested persons should submit: cover letter and current curriculum vitae to the following email address firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for applications is 10th March 2015. Kindly make “SPRING NUTRITION COORDINATOR / CROSS RIVER the subject. All correspondence should include physical and e-mail addresses as well as contact telephone number(s). Only E-mail applications will be accepted and only short-listed candidates will be notified.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale