If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
The African Development Bank Field Office in Mozambique (MZFO) has been established to strengthen the dialogue between the Bank and the Government, development partners, the private sector, and the civil society, in the design of the Bank’s development policy and programs, as well as on implementation, monitoring and evaluation of the poverty reduction strategy. MZFO also seeks to assist the operational functions of the Bank Group in launching and following up projects and programs in Mozambique with a view to enhancing portfolio quality, ownership, participatory approach, and regional integration. The African Development Bank invites applications from qualified candidates to fill in the vacant position of Secretary to the Resident Representative, Mozambique Field Office. This is a local position based in Maputo, Mozambique and does not attract international terms and conditions.
ONLY APPLICANTS WHO ALREADY HAVE THE RIGHT TO LIVE AND WORK IN MOZAMBIQUE WILL BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION. AfDB WILL NOT SUPPORT APPLICATIONS FOR WORK PERMITS AND RELOCATION.
Duties and responsibilities
Under the general supervision of the Resident Representative, the Secretary will be responsible for:
- Time management and scheduling on behalf of the Resident Representative to include effective prioritization and resolving related conflicts and competing demands;
- Management of Resident Representative’s calendar and scheduling of meetings;
- Administering Staff meetings, taking minutes of the proceedings and ensuring follow-up on agreed actions;
- Independently respond to diverse inquiries and make decisions when multiple courses of action are possible;
- Coordinating and monitoring multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure that management decisions are properly carried out and products are delivered in a timely manner;
- Ensuring quality of documents requiring the Resident Representative’s approval and/or signature;
- Keeping others informed by providing relevant information, reports or status updates;
- Drafting/finalizing correspondence on a range of topics on behalf of the Resident Representative;
- Providing general secretarial assistance to staff and visiting Bank missions.
- Being accountable for the smooth operation of office work, support services and related systems within the Country Office by organizing and coordinating workflow; and
- Perform any other assignments as requested by the Resident Representative and the Bank’s management.
Including desirable skills, knowledge and experience
- At least a Bachelor’s degree or its university equivalent in Business Administration or other related field; or Matric Certificate or Advanced Level Certificate plus four (4) years of further study in professional secretarial and/or office management qualifications.
- A minimum of four (4) years’ relevant experience in secretarial/office administrative work.
- A good track record in secretarial and office management.
- Ability to organize data and information retrieval systems.
- Good filling and organizational skills, with good interpersonal skills.
- Ability to communicate and write effectively in English and Portuguese, with a good knowledge of French.
- Competence in the use of Bank standard software (Word, Excel, Access, and PowerPoint). Knowledge of SAP is desirable.
This is a local position, and does not attract international terms and conditions.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.