Propcom Mai-karfi, a six-year project working to improve the livelihoods of Nigeria’s rural poor through targeted market initiatives, is seeking a high-performing, results-oriented professional to serve as Finance and Administration Manager.
Propcom Mai-karfi aims to increase incomes for 500,000 poor Nigerians, including 50% women, by enhancing employment opportunities and improving productivity in selected agricultural and other rural markets in northern Nigeria. Propcom Mai-karfi, which runs through December 2017, is managed by GRM International, in partnership with Technoserve, for the UK Department for International Development.
The current Finance and Administration Manager will be going on maternity leave and thus we need a temporary Finance and Administration Manager for a maximum of six months from mid-March 2015
The Finance and Administration Manager will lead the Finance and Administration team. Responsibilities will include:
• Monitor expenditures against programme budget
• Track monthly expenditures against forecast and work plan budgets making adjustments as required by conducting bi-monthly programme-wide activity review and reviewing fund requests accordingly.
• Prepare monthly financial reports and quarterly budgets for the programme management unit (GRM Nigeria Office)
• Work with the programme management office to review and verify monthly invoices to DFID.
• Ensure and weekly monthly accounts are complete and accurate
• Work closely with Team Leader and Director on resource management, conducting relevant analysis to provide information for resource decisions
• Oversee all project accounts through the effective management of the Finance Officer
• Ensure all accounting and reconciliatory functions of the programme are aptly executed ensuring a clear audit trail according to GRM and DFID approved guidelines through effective supervision of the programme Cash Officer and the Finance Manager
• Ensure the appropriate use of programme codings and the up to date documentation and reconciliation of all programme expenditure and PVs.
• Manage staff payroll as well as monthly deductions and remittances.
• Manage all programme banking requirements ensuring that clear audit trails are left of all transactions.
Contracts and Grants Management
• Facilitate the evaluation of tenders and contract negotiations with service providers including all provisions for rent
• Review and finalise TORs and related documents for all tenders
• Ensure the existence and implementation of clear programme contracting guide lines
• Ensure all approved contracts and grants are in line with set programme contacting and grant management guidelines.
• Oversee the implementation of facilitation fund (FF) and grant fund (GF)
• Liaise with the Intervention Managers on the monitoring of performance and timely submission of deliverables as agreed by contract and grant terms of agreements
• Ensure the existence and utilization of effective contracts and grants tracking and management systems
• Oversee the consistent smooth running of office facilities at all times by supervising the effective management of the Operations and Finance team.
• Coordinate all programme HR and personnel matters and actions through the programme Personnel Manager
• Oversee all IT, security and logistics requirements of the programme in accordance with set programme guidelines as well as DFID and GRM guidelines.
IV. Required Skills & Experience:
The Finance and Administration Manager should have;
• A Master’s degree or similar qualification in Business, Economics or similar;
• Substantial experience in managing and administering development projects
• Familiarity with project management, budgeting and other systems
• Well-developed organizational skills and the ability to combine attention to detail with a view of strategic priorities
• Knowledge of contracting regulations, contract procedures and reporting requirements
• Experience in managing, coaching and leading a team within the international development projects sector
• Previous accounting experience
• Previous international development project experience is highly desirable
In return we offer:
• A friendly and team-based working environment in Abuja
• Opportunity to collaborate with national and international colleagues
• Opportunity to make a vital contribution to an innovative Nigerian development programme
• A competitive salary with benefits
The role is based in Abuja.
Applications are encouraged from all those who can clearly demonstrate sound evidence of success and a passion for development in Nigeria.
Please send your CV (maximum of three pages), full details of two referees, salary history and a 1 page covering letter outlining how your skills and competencies match the requirements of this post to: FAMrecruit@propcommaikarfi.org