Summary: The Data Collector (DC) completes specific functional tasks in the office and the field for assigned projects. Provides proactive support to other departmental/project staff. Delivers services with utmost professionalism and in a timely manner. The DC may progressively work cross-functionally within eHealth Africa’s project teams to support the organisation’s strategic goals.
eHealth Africa is looking for Five(5) candidates to fill the Data Collector positions in Kano State,Nigeria.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned
- Provides professional and effective leadership and coordination of all data collection activities in the field with partnering organizations.
- Develops adhoc reports as necessary and evaluates current system to improve data collection Assists team with data collection requirements and shares data with colleagues and team leaders.
- Provides adequate explanation to ward focal persons during LGA level trainings on data collection. Collects data from assigned sites and ensures the proper transmittal of all relevant data to Data Collection Lead.
- Works with the Project Manager/appropriate team to analyze field data.
- Prepares all equipment, devices and materials for data collection use and/or field activities and ensures all equipment and devices are fully charged and activated for daily use.
- Works in highly remote areas with other agencies in data analysis. Works with partners at the LGA level to ensure quality implementation of data collection activities. Provides on-going consultation and technical assistance.
- Works closely with partnering organizations, providing specific training, guidance and coaching, as needed, to ensure successful outcomes towards assigned goals. Understands and ensures eHealth privacy law and standards.
- Ensures judicious use of all assigned equipment and materials, including safe transport to and from the field.
- Responsible for performing any other duty assigned by Management. May frequently travel between company worksites.
- Presents a professional demeanor at all times. Approaches others in a tactful manner.
- Reacts well under pressure.
- Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position. Accepts responsibility for own actions.
- Follows through on commitments. Is consistently at work and on time. Participates in and promotes a positive, supportive, cooperative team environment.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, training classes and supervision.
- Adheres to Policies and Procedures.
- Adheres to eHealth Africa Code of Conduct as well as ethical standards of the field.
NOTE: Overtime and weekend work is highly possible and may be expected in order to perform the essential functions of the position. Hours fluctuate throughout the year with the busiest times during the summer months and seven-day workweeks highly possible. Requires ability to travel to job sites. Availability, willingness and flexibility to travel outside assigned site area for periods lasting as long as 3-4 days at a time. Such out-of-town travel may be necessary as often as every six weeks or eight times per year. Travel accommodations and per diem will be provided for out-of town assignments.
Qualifications: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required to successfully perform this job.
- Bachelor's Degree Bachelor's Degree in Quantitative sciences, Social Science or related field Minimum of two years of experience in data collection or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Relevant field working experience in an NGO is desirable.
- Must possess excellent administrative and communication skills.
- Demonstrates attention to detail, good writing and listening skills.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, organizational skills and great attention to detail. Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Must possess good problem solving skills.
Certifications and Licenses
- A Project Management (PMI) certification is preferred
- First Aid and Health & Safety qualifications desirable Computer Skills Advanced computer skills, including Microsoft Windows and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Proficiency working within specialized software utilized in program.
- English is the spoken and written language.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, or government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and the general public.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
Method of Application
To apply, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.