Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited), a leading mobile telecommunication services provider in Nigeria and a member of Airtel Africa Group, is committed to providing innovative, exciting, affordable and quality mobile services to Nigerians, giving them the freedom to communicate, rise above their daily challenges and drive economic and social development. The company made history on August 5, 2001 by becoming the first telecoms operator to launch commercial GSM services in Nigeria and has scored a series of many "firsts" in the highly competitive Nigerian telecommunications market including the first to introduce toll-free 24-hour customer care; first to launch service in all the six geo-political zones in the country; first to introduce affordable recharge denominations; first to introduce monthly free SMS and first to introduce monthly airtime bonus.
A truly innovative company, Airtel has showed resilience, charting new paths in meeting the demands and needs of its esteemed stakeholders and enhancing distribution as well as providing affordable services to empower more Nigerians.
In Nigeria, Airtel is working tirelessly to live up to an ambitious vision of being the most loved brand in the daily lives of Nigerians as it offers a superior brand experience and a portfolio of innovative products & services ranging from exciting voice solutions to inventive data packages and mobile broadband.
To oversee all Vendor Payment Unit & Trade services functions of the Account Payables
1. Account Payable Reports
To ensure that all the AP reports (GIT, NCC, NOTAP & Strategic Vendors Payments Reports) are produce within the expected timeline.
2. Validation of Vendor Invoices
To ensure that all invoices are validated on same day basis upon review for the correctness of accounting entries and applicable taxes.
3. Foreign Payments
To plan and coordinate the settlement of all foreign payments through CBN as at when due in the most efficient manner and at most optimal cost possible.
4. Vendor Payments
To ensure that all due invoices are allocated and processed on same day basis once they fall due.
5. Relationship management
To manage relationship with Internal and external customers as well as relevant regulators such as NIBSS, NCC & NOTAP.
6. Internal controls and reporting
To ensure that all relevant policies in Account Payable are effective adhere to without failure.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- A university degree i.e. B. Sc./HND in Social Sciences or any numerate discipline.
- Masters degree and/ or MBA will be an added advantage.
- Professional qualification (ACIB, ACA, ACCA, CPA) will be an added advantage
- Minimum of 6 years post-NYSC experience in a related function in a multinational or foreign operations department/credit administration function in a banking environment
- Good interpersonal relationship
- Must have good understanding of ERP (Oracle, Sage etc.)
- Good Microsoft office skill
- Ability to supervise others to achieve result
- Knowledge of International & trade services
- Result oriented
- Attention for details
- Ability to Coordinate activities
Method of Application
To apply for this position, click here
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.