Job in an International Container Terminal Operating Company via Adexen
Posted on: 27 February, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the international container terminal operating company to recruit an Accounting Supervisor for its operations in Kano, Nigeria.
- Monitor and coordinate with outside units with regard to generation of revenue.
- Reconcile exchange collection with system
- Prepare ageing analysis every month in coordination with revenue officers in areas &Exchanges.
- Reconcile final bill claim with provisional bill claim at the end of the year.
- Pass necessary journal entries & prepare cash trial and bank reconciliation statement.
- Ensure that necessary books of accounts like cash book, ledger etc. are prepared and compare with exchange bank statement.
- Compile & record the revenue statement and reconcile the balance with branch.
- Record the fund transferred from various exchanges and crosscheck with the revenue ledgers and if necessary correspond with the bank.
- Update the fixed asset register for each addition of assets on the basis of disbursement or Journal voucher
- Record the detail of transfer in the fixed asset register at the headquarter
- Inspect asset on receipt of scrap report and make necessary entry in the books
- Calculate depreciation at the end of each month as per the rates prescribed by the statute.
- Carry out annual physical verification of fixed assets with reference to the fixed asset register. Prepare physical verification report and submit to the management.
- Obtain approval from the management to write off missing, unserviceable, damaged or condemned assets and pass necessary entries in the books of accounts.
- Prepare the scrap report for the auction.
- Account the unaccounted fixed assets in the books.
- Capitalize the interest payable on loans borrowed for construction and purchase of assets until the commissioning of project.
- Account for the fixed assets acquired through any grant. Calculate depreciation on such assets.
- Transfer capital work in progress to fixed asset on completion of project.
- Prepare the details of the fully depreciated assets at the end of the year.
- A good university degree or equivalent in Accountancy, or Economics, Banking & Finance and at least 2 years’ experience in similar position.
- Age between 25-35 years
- Must be computer literate and very proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Proficiency in the use of Peachtree or any other Accounting software is a key requirement
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Web Developers at HMM Limited
- IT Specialist at West Africa Container Terminal (WACT) - APM Terminals
- MO Solutions & Operations Manager at Bollore Transport Logistics
- Sales and Marketing Officers at Nation Delivery Nigeria Limited
- Superintendent, Stores at APM Terminals
- Logistics Officers at a Logistics Firm - Aldelia Group
- Purchasing Officer at APS Procurement Ltd
- General Manager, Finance and Accounting at APM Terminals