Vacancies at United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS)
Posted on: 20 December, 2011
Deadline: 15 January, 2012
View Jobs in NGO / Non-Profit Associations
View All Jobs at UNOPS
UNOPS helps its partners in the United Nations System meet the world's needs for building peace, recovering from disaster, and creating sustainable development.
UNOPS is known for its ability to implement complex projects in all types of environments around the globe. In Nigeria, UNOPS is implementing The Niger Delta Job Creation and Conflict Prevention Initiative which aims at mitigating the violence in the Niger Delta through job creation and conflict prevention initiatives to the vulnerable unemployed youths in the region. The project is jointly funded by the Delta State Government, United Nations Development Project (UNDP) and Shell Petroleum Development Corporation (SPDC). This specific project covers a variety of sectors including training of beneficiaries in livelihood vocational skills development, job creation, mind-set change and conflict prevention initiatives. To achieve these' objectives, UNOPS alongside the partners are setting up a befitting vocational training centre in Egbokodo, Warri, Delta State and would require the services of suitably qualified individuals for the following positions:
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2011-001
Oversees the management of the Centre and ensures quality of training and maintenance of accreditation standards in keeping with accrediting bodies. The individual will be expected to liaise with the Centre's Board of Trustees and Partners.
Advanced degree in Educational Management, Business Administration, Social Sciences, or other related subjects from a recognized university.
15 years experience in the management of technical and skills development institutions.
Head. Administration and Finance
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2011-002
Provides secretariat support and oversees the Financial and Human Resource management of the Centre.
BA or BSc degree in Humanities or Social Sciences from recognized university
10 years relevant working experience preferably in an academic institution
Head, Vocational, Technical and Enterpreneurial Education
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2011-003
Supervises vocational-related academic divisions, VTE and other related grants and contracts. The individual will be expected to assess community needs, plan, develop
and implement innovative partnerships with business/industry to foster a supportive economic environment
• Master's Degree, preferably in an academic area related to assignment.
• Minimum of 10-15 years of previous job experience relevant to the function or in relevant fields of work;
Head, Works and Housing
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2011-004
Supervises the Centre projects and ensures the maintenance of buildings, roads, drainage system and general infrastructures in the Centre
• M.Sc Civil Engineering,
• Over six years of experience with advanced technical knowledge in civil and/or structural engineering, or
• 10 years working experience in design and construction, in both the public and private sectors
Head, Community & Social Development
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2011-005
Individual will contribute to the development of relevant training programmes for the implementation by the local partners on community and social development.
• Masters degree of any Social Sciences discipline
• Minimum of five years experience in a similar relevant position; including: experience in community development work, conflict management, stakeholder workshops, community training, data collection, and baseline studies
Principal Officer, Vocational Training
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2011-006
Individual shall plan and organize instruction in ways that maximize student learning, employing appropriate teaching and learning strategies to communicate subject matter to students.
Bachelor degree or HND, preferably in technical and vocational education (TVE)
Five years of full-time experience in teaching of vocational education.
Excellent skills in verbal and written communication and problem solving.
Demonstrated sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, and ethnic backgrounds of Centre students and employees.
Good understanding of business environment and specifically the technical and vocational training institutions
Professional qualification is an added advantage
Principal Officer, Community Relations
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2011-008
Individual will liaise between beneficiary communities and the Centre and will advice on Centre policies as it affects beneficiary communities.
• B.Sc or HND in Humanities
• 5 years working experience
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2011-009
Individual will provide secretariat support and ensure timely documentations in support of entire activities.
• BSc or HND in Humanities or Social Sciences
• 3 years working experience in financial/human resources management
Vacancy Reference Code UNOPS/VA/2011-010
Individual will be responsible for the engineering of SA related solutions for various project and operational needs, He shall install and configure systems such as
supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications
• BSc in Computer Engineering or Computer Science
• System Administration/System Engineer with certification in Unix and Microsoft
• 5 years working experience as system administrator
Method of Application
All interested candidates are expected to submit their applications containing a letter of interest, curriculum vitae and the United Nations Personal History form (P11) to the firstname.lastname@example.org on or before 15th January 2012
Only short listed candidates will be contacted and no other correspondence will be entered into with applicants
For more details on the various positions, candidates are advised to visit UNOPS websites and navigate to 'who we need"
The Un personal history Forms (P11) can also be obtained from the UNOPS website: http://www.unops.org/english/whoweneed/pages/default.aspx
Recruitment for the above stated positions is carried out on behalf of the Delta state Government and partners and successful candidates, once employed shall be subject to the best salary scale obtainable at Delta State institutions with an additional special duty allowances (SDA) 30% of Gross salary. Candidates will not be recruited nor subject to Un contract agreement.
Interested and suitably qualified candidates working with the Delta state Government Educational institutions are encouraged to apply. Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Successful candidates currently working with the Delta state would be placed on secondment and will benefit from the SDA.
Other successful candidates not working with the Delta state Government will be placed at a level commensurate with their qualifications and experiences and will also benefit from the SDA as addition to their gross salaries.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about UNOPSSimilar Jobs
- Job Opening at Creative Associates International
- Job Opportunities at Centre for Democracy & Development (CDD)
- Latest Job Vacancies at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
- Secretary at the United States Agency for International Development (USAID)
- Massive Job Vacancies at The Nigeria Supply Chain Integration Project - i+ Consortium (52 Positions)
- Receptionist at The Social and Economic Rights Action Center (SERAC)
- Job Vacancy at Palladium Group
- Operations Managers at the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF)