Job Opportunity at Discovery Cycle Professionals
Posted on: 27 February, 2015
Deadline: 4 March, 2015
View Jobs in Consulting
View All Jobs at Discovery Cycle Professionals
Discovery Cycle Professionals (A Division of Discovery Cycle Limited) is a global network of experienced academics and consultants assembled to provide world-class knowledge-based services globally. DCP has diverse experience across different professional fields and offers a wide-range of multi-disciplinary professional services. DCP has its headquarters in Abuja, Nigeria. Over the years, DCP has developed a wide range of multi-disciplinary professional services covering both the private and public sectors of the economy through the "DCP Ecosystem".
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
- Officer, Legal, is a corporate officer that handles the legal affairs of the organisation. The legal officer works with other legal staff to address the internal and external legal concerns of the business.
- This professional must have superb legal skills and discipline to keep the organisation functioning and out of legal trouble.
- To provide general counsel to the company in all dealings with clients
- To send out initial correspondence to individuals who contact us to seek help
- To assist with the profitably management of various legal projects
- To compile information from correspondence from clients, and if necessary from the family/legal team/Foreign Office and other bodies in order to make an informed summary of the individual&l's current case
- To enter and maintain accurate information about cases and contacts in databases and archives
- To present a simplified summary of cases to the casework team at a weekly review meeting, providing specific information on the status and vulnerability of the client
- Drafting responses to everyone who contacts us for help including, with the support of the caseworkers, generic advice and referrals to other organisations and lawyers
- To carry out ad hoc legal research to assist the caseworkers
- Drafting agreement as required for new and existing contacts/clients.
- There will be occasions where the Legal Intern will be required to carry out additional tasks for the policy team, but the nature of these jobs will be dependent on the needs of the policy team at the time
- Directly involved in the creation and execution of project work plans and revising as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements
- Developing independent ideas to ensure DCP's vision is actualised
- Good bachelor's degree in Law (LLB).
- Call to the Nigerian Bar(BL).
- Post graduate qualification may be an added advantage.
- Good writing and communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and work under a tight schedule
- Computer skills
- In depth knowledge of legal terminology and principles
- The ability to analyse legal documents for accuracy
- Analytical skills
- Transferable skills
- Candidate must have up-to-date knowledge of the internal and granular activities of a legal department, including, but not limited to:
- Legal research
- Proactive identification and elimination of inefficiencies
- Continual self and subordinate development
- Goal and quality oriented
- 2-5 years cognate post qualification experience in a top-tier law firm or large organisation
- Applicants MUST meet all the specified conditions before applying
- Candidate must be resident in Abuja and should be able to resume within short notice
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Discovery Cycle ProfessionalsSimilar Jobs
- Retail Operations Manager at Platinum Careers
- Solutions Developer/Software Engineer at Ascentech Services Limited
- Area Sales Manager at WowJobs
- Personal Assistant to the M.D at LeadHire Limited
- Accounts/Tax Officer at Beckley Consulting
- Technical Jobs at AFM Recruit
- Information Technology Roles at Enabled Solutions
- Latest Vacancies at a Marine Services Company - Pivotage Consulting