Action Against Hunger-USA recruits humanitarian professionals looking to make a meaningful contribution in the fight against world hunger. Action Against Hunger staff are committed to designing & implementing activities which save lives. Our workplaces value quality, impactful programming while allowing for individual creativity & innovative solutions. Action Against Hunger seeks staff who embrace working with a diverse group of exceptional colleagues & who are looking for challenges which will grow their skills & experience.
Details of the requirements for each open vacancy can be found below. Thank you for your interest in working with Action Against Hunger.
You’ll contribute to ending world hunger by ...
You will play a key role in tackling the root causes of hunger in Nigeria by supporting our projects through management of logistics for the mission. Use your problem solving skills to develop smooth logistics in a difficult environment and foster strong relationships with the community.
Key activities in your role will include:
- Constructing and developing a method for implementing logistics in Nigeria as well as an annual plan of action by continuously exploring and anticipating logistics needs and expenses.
- Collaborating with HQ and field in management of large international transport and supply chain.
- Working with all departments in the South Sudan mission for logistics capacity building, context analysis and recruitment.
- Implementing ways of preventing fraud and managing security, crises & corruption.
- Representing ACF externally and developing strong links with NGO actors
Does this description fit you?
You’re a seasoned Logistics professional
- You have earned a Bachelor degree in Logistics, Business, Engineering or a related field.
- You have at least 2 years of international professional experience in a similar role and for a comparative size mission
You’re a super communicator
- You have extensive experience communicating with staff from diverse cultures & professional backgrounds. You are comfortable verbally discussing solutions in stressful situations.
- You are extremely capable sharing your technical knowledge, as well as the organization's policies & procedures – both verbally & in writing.
- You are diplomatic & able to help colleagues handle difficult situations.
- Your reports are timely & well-written. Your written communication style is structured, accurate & comprehensive.
You’re work style builds trust within your team
- You are highly organized & pay attention to small details. You are calm under pressure, & able to easily adapt to changing circumstances.
- You identify training needs and work with the HR dept to develop and implement relevant trainings.
- You demonstrable ability to set and communicate goals while also being genuinely committed to helping others succeed.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.