IITA is an International non-profit research-for-development (R4D) organization created in 1967, governed by a Board of Trustees and supported primarily by the Consultative Group of International Agricultural Research (CGIAR). Our R4D is anchored on the development needs of sub-Saharan Africa. We develop agricultural. solutions with our partners to tackle hunger and poverty by reducing producer and consumer risks, enhancing crop quality and productivity, and generating wealth from agriculture. We have more than 100 internationally recruited scientists from about 35 countries and 900 nationally recruited staff based in various stations across Africa.
The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture seeks suitable Nigerian Nationals for the following position at the Institute’s Headquarters, Ibadan.
1. Teacher (2 years renewable contract)
Successful candidate will:
- Be responsible for the education and welfare of the Grade 1 pupils;
- Plan and prepare courses and lessons following the programmes already in place.
- Operate the class timetable as agreed with the Head.
Qualification and Experience:
- B.Ed. or first degree plus PGDE. Candidate must be child centered and experienced in enquiry-based teaching approach.
- Possession of teaching skills in French, German or any other language plus musical skills is added advantage.
2. Foreman, Auto-Electrical (2-year renewable contract)
Successful candidate will among other things:
- Diagnose and proffer solutions to identified problems on both petrol and diesel powered automotives.
- Use OBD II equipment to troubleshoot auto electrical defects on SUV automotives.
- Repair and fix defective kick starters.
- Carry out quality checks on vehicle repaired in the workshop
Qualification and Experience
B.Sc /HND Mechanical Engineering (Automobile) within 5 years or ND plus 10 years relevant working experience in a large auto-electrical workshop.
We offer highly competitive salary with equally attractive fringe benefits and excellent working conditions in a pleasant campus environment.
Method of Application
Interested applicants should forward their applications with detailed curriculum vitae, the names and addresses of three professional referees which must include either the Head of applicant’s current or previous organisation or applicant’s direct Supervisor/Superior Officer at work.
Evidence of current remuneration package and photocopies of credentials, to
The Personnel Manager,
International Institute of Tropical Agriculture,
PMB 5320, Oyo Road,
Not later than 19th October 2010
Please note that application letters not accompanied with evidence of current remuneration and age will not be treated. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.