The Business Development Manager is to improve Wild Fusion Digital Center’s market position and achieve financial growth. This person defines long-term organizational strategic goals, builds key customer relationships, identifies business opportunities, negotiates and closes business deals and maintains extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
The Business Development Manager is expected to have an in-depth knowledge of Wild Fusion Digital Centre’s courses, fees, examinations and all WDC’s services (including Market Research) as well as an understanding of the relationships on which Wild Fusion Digital Centre maintains its business.
The Business Development Manager’s role is a thorough and up to date knowledge of current and emerging digital training programme in Nigeria and around the world.
- Present new products /services and enhance existing relationships.
- Achieve business development targets and goals
- Work with other staff and other internal colleagues to meet customer needs.
- Arrange and participate in internal and external client debriefs.
- Prospect for potential new clients and turn this into increased business.
- Cold call as appropriate within Nigeria to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Identify potential clients, and the decision makers within the client organization.
- Research and build relationships with new clients.
- Set up meetings between client decision makers and WDC’s Principal leaders or trainers.
- Plan approaches and pitches. * Work with a team to develop proposals that speaks to the client’s needs, concerns, and objectives.
- Handle objections by clarifying, emphasizing agreements and working through differences to a positive conclusion. * Use a variety of styles to persuade or negotiate appropriately.
- Present an image that mirrors that of the client.
- Enhance existing and develop new relationships with national marketing/branding organizations, businesses and private universities where WDC’s potential students are found.
- To make approaches to and receive enquiries from a range of external organisations to facilitate collaboration with the Wild Fusion Digital Centre.
- Promote WDC’s research excellence (both overall capabilities and specific inventions or expertise) to third parties to develop sustainable partnerships and help secure more knowledge transfer outcome.
- Carry out due diligence on intellectual property of WDC’s research unit to establish a protection and exploitation strategy to achieve a commercial end point. Advise on alternative commercialization strategies including licensing and business creation.
- Contribute to the generation of promotional material for areas of training and research activity as directed by Wild Fusion Digital Centre’s objectives.
- To undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested by WDC.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Tertiary qualification in marketing, communications or a related discipline. An MBA is compulsory.
- Four to five years related experience in marketing and/or communications within a digital agency with demonstrated creativity in technology initiatives and understanding of project management
- A strong understanding of digital technologies and its usage to resolve problems.
- Excellent communication skills, including strong presentation, writing and editing skills.
- Business Development skills with proven records of meeting or surpassing revenue targets.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite.
- Analytical and numerate as well as a strong problem solver
- Ability to work to targets, adapt quickly, and work cross-functionally in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to take initiative, work independently, and work as a member of a team.
- Fun to work with, passionate and committed to delivering real results.
- Must be willing to travel especially across Africa.
- Solid relationship-building skills.
- Knowledge of data management best practices, standards, and ethics.
- A persuasive communicator who enjoys selling, is comfortable negotiating, and can achieve business development objectives.
- Passionate about generating new ideas, enjoys being creative, thinks of original solutions.
- Confident with strong influencing and project management skills.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to relate well to staff and clients at all levels