If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Are you seeking a rewarding career with one of the most innovative companies in the African telecommunications industry? Are you ready to make a difference in the way people work, live, play, and learn?
Vodacom Business is a vibrant place to work and we offer great career paths for motivated and skilled individuals with specific experience in the following fields:
- Account Management and Customer Support
- Engineering, Networking and Project Management
- Commercial Managers
- Finance, Billing and Legal
- Information Technology
- Marketing and Product Management
As a candidate, you will need to demonstrate your experience, qualifications and a passion for telecommunications. We also look for people who share our positive and progressive approach to work.
Vodacom Business is an international company with its head office based in Johannesburg, South Africa and operations in the 12 other African countries, including Nigeria, Kenya and Cameroon. With customers in 40 African countries and spread throughout the world and European offices in London, Paris and Brussels, some travel could be a requirement.
Please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org and tell us why your talents are a good match for our opportunities.
Reporting to: Managing Director
Job type: Full-time
Employment type: Permanent
Closing date: 31st May 2015
- A Bachelor’s Degree, supplemented with additional professional qualification from an accredited college or university in management, business administration or a closely related field. Various vendor certifications needed.
- Minimum of Ten years of professional experience in telecoms sector. At least five years should be at senior management level of a very large, multi-function, and multi-funded organization. An effective legislative relation is desirable
- Project management frame work (PMI, PRINCE2).
- Thorough knowledge of principles, methods and practices of managing large networks in a telecom environment system with multiple vendors and diverse equipment. General understanding of applicable legal and regulatory requirements. Must possess extensive knowledge of management and supervisory principles and practices and sound judgment and significant leadership skills. Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and the ability to persuade and work cooperative with divergent groups is also required.
- Provide effective leadership to implement and extend the Vodacom MPLS network into Nigeria and handoff into London. This includes a quality improvement process throughout the business and service areas, focusing on systems/process and new product development
- Lead a high performing team of regional staff to align with strategies.
- Prepare and submit an annual operational budget to the MD and the EHoD of finance for review and approval. Manage effectively within this budget, and report accurately and progress made and any challenges encountered.
- Participate in the preparation of operating and capital budgets, acquisition of material according to approved budget and company processes.
- Formulate policies; manage day-to-day operations; and plans the use of materials and employees.
- Under general direction, provide senior leadership to subordinate managers and supervisors with responsibility for operations and support of our network.
- Responsibilities include network operations, interpretive and customer services, and maintaining infrastructure and equipment. Significant involvement in overall network strategic planning and management to the network. Maintains comprehensive relations with various legislative, governmental, special interest, community and nonprofit organizations.
- Ensure co-operation and teamwork exist between the Regional Operations Offices, the Network Operations Centre and other Area support personnel to achieve the earliest and most effective implementation and restoration of services.
- Visit and inspect all Vodacom Nigeria location to maintain governance.
- Develop good internal control system to monitor and control diesel delivery and storage and other company consumables involved in the maintenance of Vodacom occupied premises.
- Generate all operations department reports that have relation with organizational goals and objectives.
- Ensure compliance with all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
- Overall responsibility for the implementation, direction, and leadership of the care and operations of our extensive and expanding network.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the Network operations team, Engineering department, Customer contact center, Service management department, Internal IT and Field Operations teams.
- This Field Operations position is further responsible for the management and supervision of Local and regional offices and infrastructure.
- This position is further responsible for service delivery and Project Management within VBN. This will include the seamless management and hand-off of opportunities between BDG, Solutions architects for installation.
- Formulate policies for BCM.
- Manage the cost of sale and CAPEX relating to the operations of the business.
Communications & Relationships
- The EHOD report directly to the Managing Director. He will work closely with members of the Management team and have regular contact with a number of internal and external stakeholders. These include but are not limited to:
- EHOD Business Development
- EHOD Legal
- EHOD Finance
- Team members
- Business Development Strategy
- Leadership ability
- Communication skills
- Ability to work in a multicultural Environment
- Ability to manage a team through Influence
Method of Application
Should you meet the above requirements,please submit your CV to email@example.com