Our client is one of the major downstream operating companies in Nigeria with their major terminal in Apapa, Lagos, Nigeria and they have over 67 outlets in Nigeria.
Brief about the Job
The Retail & Facilities Engineer is responsible for managing the maintenance of the retail and commercial network ensuring safe and cost-effective maintenance activities. The jobholder holder oversees both minor and major capital activities and ensures implementation and adherence to established HSE standards in the assigned area.
1. Maintenance Management
- Develop maintenance strategies to optimize costs and retail operations.
- Develop and establish quality criteria and technical specifications.
- Develop and establish contracting strategies for programmed maintenance.
- Coordinate and monitor resources for maintenance budget; manage maintenance expenses for assigned geographic area
- Monitor and contribute to best practices, quality assurance, and cost control for existing asset enhancement.
- Work with Maintenance team, retail/C&I customers, and other relevant officers to analyze operating expense within respective geographic work areas and identify cost saving opportunities.
- Document and control plant, property, and equipment inventory for assigned area
2. Vendor/Contract Management
- Negotiate competitive terms and conditions for supplies of materials and services.
- Coordinate with other Units to maximize supplier relationships
- Monitor and evaluate performance of service providers
- Ascertain contract requirements; participate in the evaluation and selection of contractors for primary work assignments; conduct annual contractor reviews (on site & performance based) in conjunction with other maintenance team members
- Make recommendations on issuance and cancellation of contracts as appropriate, to purchasing contracts administrator
- Establish emergency contractors list
3. Facility Management
- Undertake facilities management for company and investor assets (according to dealer/franchise agreements)
- Minimize life cycle cost of equipment by arranging for cost effective asset maintenance
- Coordinate maintenance services providers (internal/external) to ensure facilities remain in optimum condition to support sales efforts.
- Periodically review on-site work of internal and external technicians to ensure that work meets expectations
4. Project Management
- Manage and supervise facility development and image enhancement projects to ensure that projects are completed within timelines, budget, to meet required design standards and ensure compliance with HSE standards.
- Facilitate execution of maintenance programs (discretionary maintenance, retrofits, compliance projects, water intrusion, etc).
- Works with Maintenance team and Property to prepare business cases for capital/major expenses; undertake post expenditure reviews and analysis
- Monitor and manage project cost; control scope
5. HSE compliance
- Ensure that Safe Work Practices are understood and implemented, by both internal and external maintenance providers
- Provides assistance to disseminate HSE awareness and ensures compliance of HSE policy.
- Collaborate with retail/C&I/LPG and the Marketing Support team on risk assessment, closure, and management change of sites.
- Manage site remedy and closure in accordance with HSE policy
- Supervise direct and indirect reports
Key Performance Indicators
- Maintenance cost savings; Actual to Budget Costs
- Project performance: Actual Cost; Time; Quality Vs Budgeted/Planned
- HSE Indicators - No of Incidents/Accidents; Cost of Accidents; Incidents of non-compliance etc
- Timely execution of maintenance activities compared with maintenance plan/schedule
- % of maintenance plan executed vs actual plan
- Customer feedback
- Turnaround/Response time to internal and external customers
- B. Eng/ B.Sc / HND in any Engineering discipline
- Registration with appropriate professional body is desirable.
Knowledge, skills and competencies
- Industry knowledge and maintenance best practices
- Good working knowledge of facilities management; general maintenance and repairs in retail outlets.
- Knowledge of Health, Safety and Environment practices
- Quality assurance and controls
- Project management
- Vendor/Supplier Relationship Management
- Interpersonal and communication skills
- Analytical, problem solving, critical thinking and decision making skills
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale