Jobs in a Manufacturing Company
Posted on: 20 December, 2011
Deadline: 30 December, 2011
View Jobs in Sales / Marketing / Retail
View Jobs posted same day
A leading established privately owned diversified Paints manufacturing company in South South, Nigeria is looking for the following:
GENERAL MANAGER MARKETING
General Manager Marketing, who will be responsible for the marketing function of the Company. The General Manager Marketing will report to the Managing Director.
• Formulate and execute the Marketing Strategy in line with the Company’s vision
• Manage and coordinate all marketing, advertising and promotional staff and activities
• Achieve profitable volume/market share target for the Company
• Conduct market research to determine market requirements for existing and future products
• Analysis of customer research, current market conditions and competitor information
• Develop and implement marketing plans and projects for new and existing products
• Manage the productivity of the marketing plans and projects
• Monitor, review and report on all marketing activity and results
Qualifications and Requirements
• HND/B.Sc. in Business Administration or Marketing from a recognized tertiary institution.
• An MBA from a recognized tertiary institution or relevant professional qualification.
• At least 7-9 years post qualification experience in the Paint manufacturing industry.
• Proven track record with evidence of awards for excellence or achievement or surpassing of marketing targets.
• Age: Maximum 40 years.
• Salary: Competitive and mostly performance driven but with guaranteed components and a car.
Marketing Managers will be responsible for Marketing to corporate customers in various locations across the Country.
Each marketing manager will report to the General Manager Marketing and will focus primarily on marketing to corporate clients in their territories.
The person will in addition be responsible for the following:
• Formulate, implement, and facilitate annual marketing strategy and plan for the territory.
• Support and facilitate development and implementation of segment business/marketing plans.
• Plan and administer the territory's marketing operations budget.
• Drive the sales efforts of the company to meet targets.
• Organize and implement client relations including:
- Client satisfaction surveys.
- Competition/Market research in the territory
• Oversee business development activities including
- Government liaison.
- Liaison with key Consumers
- New product development.
• Develop and administer marketing database which includes clients and prospects information, mailing list applications, access to financial reports, etc.
• Enhance and improve the positioning and image of the brand including;
- Adverts and corporate communications.
- Corporate social responsibility.
• Minimum of 4 years proven track record in the Commercial/Retail Marketing of a Commercial Bank, Mortgage Bank or Microfinance Bank 2-3 of which must be as a Unit head. Or
• A minimum of 4 years marketing experience in a top flight Paints manufacturing company.
• The person must be self motivated and willing to work with minimum supervision.
• A HND or B.Sc. from a recognized tertiary institution
• MBA or other professional qualification would be an added advantage
• Ability to identify and generate business leads, proposals, opportunities and work protocols
• Ability to develop new channels and effectively work with the channels
• Track record of achieving and surpassing Marketing targets.
• Ability to drive the execution of sales plans and product launches
• Must be computer literate with good oral and written English competence.
Age: Maximum 35years.
Salary: Competitive and mostly performance driven but with guaranteed components and a car.
Method of Application
Applicants should send in their CV by e-mail to email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 10 days from the date of publication.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Similar Jobs
- Accounting Vacancy at a Leading Grocery Store Via EZ37 Solutions
- Facility Manager at Artee Group
- Sales Vacancies at Mikado Nigeria Limited
- Job Vacancies at Louis Valentino Nigeria Limited
- Job Openings at Paxson Nigeria Limited
- Brand Marketing Associate at Enav Nigeria
- Field Sales Manager at Transmed Nigeria
- Sales Executives at Sollatek Electronics (Nigeria) Ltd