Vacancy at British American Tobacco
Posted on: 24 February, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Manufacturing / Production / FMCG
View All Jobs at British American Tobacco
British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you'll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
To effectively manage the resources of Secondary Manufacturing Department to manufacture cigarettes, according to production plan from Supply Chain, satisfy all performance targets measure through KPI attainment and adopt and implement Continuous Improvement activities to drive manufacturing efficiencies
The Cell Manager manages a team of 3 direct reports and 55 indirect reports.
- Deliver performance targets as per KPI given on: Volume, OEE/Uptime, Quality, Waste and Conversion Cost
- Adopt, generate and Implement Continuous Improvement on SMD floor to drive performance improvement.
- Design, implement and manage a good house keeping system that will ensure that SMD floor is kept clean all the time.
- Compile daily reports on performance at the Shop floor and Shift-log and ensure their availability for information to all concerned management and staff
- Assesses technical ability of all staff and develops plans to address areas for improvement
- Ensure that team performance targets are delivered as per KPI given.
- Ensure that the required number of staff to man the shift is recruited / trained and optimally deployed across the different section of the shift.
- Ensure that all staff activities contrary to rules of their engagement is caution through HR instruments regularly
- Keeps Secondary Manufacturing Manager abreast of departmental technical/ technical people issues
- Builds cordial relationships withOEM’s staff on the floor, technical staff within shift, across shift and across departments.
How we will track your performance
- Month on month improvement in machine uptime and quality.
- Highly trained and motivated technical workforce.
- Robust systems in place to monitor key performance indicators
- Good working relationships established both internally and with OEM’s
- Candidate must have a first degree in engineering.
- 2-3 years cognate managerial experience in a multinational manufacturing environment
- Knowledge of managing linked GD121/GDX2's/GDX3's/ making machines will be an added advantage
- Must have good Leadership, organizational and people management skills
- Should have a strong working knowledge of technical training, fault finding, maintenance techniques
- High degree of interpersonal skill with the ability to motivate teams.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about British American TobaccoSimilar Jobs
- Data Capture Officer, Packaging at SABmiller Plc
- Head of Sales Performance at Aldelia Group
- Graduate Sales Associates at KUI Care
- Director-Board of Advisory, Women in Business at Richmeal Foods & Beverages Company Limited
- Key Account Manager Nigeria at Givaudan
- Sales Executives at Fadac Resources
- Brand Manager at GBfoods Nigeria
- 2018 British American Tobacco Nigeria Global Graduate Recruitment Programme