If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Position: Associate Executive Director
Reports to: Executive Director
Organization: Leadership Initiative for Transformation and Empowerment (LITE-Africa)
Headquarters: Warri, Delta State
Position open for Nigerians and Non-Nigerians.
LITE-Africa is a national development organization that has been operating in Nigeria since 1999 with a vision to create a safe space for peace and development action and a mission to facilitate community and human development, foster good governance and create inclusive and diverse networks and collaborations within the Niger Delta and beyond. We are currently seeking applications for the vacant post of ****Associate Executive Director****, which will be based in Ugbolokposo–Warri, Delta State.
Our program is focused on economic justice, gender justice, conflict resolution, good governance, humanitarian work and corporate social responsibility with a strong focus on changing the power dynamics that create poverty and inequality in Nigeria.
The Associate Executive Director is responsible for all LITE-Africa’s program, ensuring high levels of accountability and program impact.
Objective of the position
Our ideal Associate Executive Director has multiple competences. S/he knows how to run a diverse team, knows his/her way around Human Resources, budget steering and facility management. S/he has an engaging personality, is politically savvy and has a profound network in Nigeria, and most especially the Niger Delta region. S/he also has an exceptional understanding of program development and how to efficiently and effectively execute quality programs. S/he has also proven experience in building and maintaining relationships with major donors.
- Provides strategic leadership and management of LITE-Africa’s program in country including all development, advocacy, and humanitarian programming to maximize our influence and impact, and leads the design, and implementation of LITE-Africa’s regional strategy efforts;
- Creates and supports an environment which results in strong partnerships, influence, knowledge sharing and innovation
- Accountable to the Founder and Board of Trustees for strategic oversight, program accountability and affiliation process where appropriate;
- Manages LITE-Africa’s Senior Management Team and line manages the work in the organization: staff, budget, funding and program;
- Ensures that HR Management in the organization is organized with best practices in consultation with the Founder and Board of Trustees;
- Takes the lead in representing LITE-Africa nationally and globally by building influential relationships and developing networks for impactful change and committed to maximizing our influencing capability;
- Accountable for all donor relations and contract management in country. Works with the Founder and Board of Trustees to create a strategy to maintain and seek new funding sources to support program implementation
Our ideal candidate has the following:
- Senior management experience in leading the development and ensuring the delivery, of program strategy in challenging locations;
- Proven analytical skills and ability to think strategically, including the ability to think beyond the country program context and to act within a regional and global framework;
- Experience of fundraising from diverse institutions, both local and international;
- Demonstrates good judgment, willingness to take risk, based on analysis;
- Experience in leading and motivating multi-disciplinary teams; a high degree of self-awareness;
- Experience of managing complex change processes and relationships involving a wide range of both internal and external multi-cultural stakeholders across a variety of disciplines
- Experience in representing an organization with partners, government agencies, private sector organizations , and donors at senior level: locally, regionally and globally on Nigeria;
- An active commitment to promoting gender equity and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of an organizations work;
- High level of financial management skills to steer the operational budget;
- Understanding of managing security and risk within an NGO context;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to motivate, influence, and negotiate.
Method of Application
A competitive, fair pay and benefits package that is justifiable, depending on previous work experience. LITE-Africa is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all applicants that meet the specifications stated above irrespective of gender, nationality, disability, race or orientation.
How to apply:
Interested applicants are invited to send their application by email with the subject “Associate Executive Director,” including a motivation letter and curriculum vitae with three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org, before March 20, 2015. More information about LITE-Africa is available at www.lite-africa.org. Applicants may also request for a copy of our capacity statement before the 20th of March, 2015.