Johnson & Johnson is the world's most comprehensive and broadly based healthcare Company, touching the lives of nearly a billion people every day. Our Family of Companies throughout the world compete in consumer, pharmaceutical and medical devices & diagnostics markets and have the skills and resources to tackle the world's most pressing health issues.
Training & Development
The APAC Regional Training, Development, and PMO Lead will be responsible for leading all aspects of training & development management within the region. Specifically, this role is accountable for developing and executing regional strategies for the training & development of talent across the region. As we are a global function that drives consistency in all aspects of talent management, he/she will also be accountable to partner heavily with Global Procurement Talent Management to drive fully integrated, functional training & development strategies on a global basis. Building strong relationships with the regional people leaders will be a critical requirement of the role. The Lead will also be required to act as coach, mentor, and talent scout for those in the region. The Lead will be accountable to liaise with Business-Based Human Resources and Learning & Development partners.
To execute on our vision, we must invest in dedicated PMO resources “on the ground” embedded within our regional, global sector or functional teams and accountable to the Procurement Governance bodies (region, sector or function), with strong connectivity to the Global Strategy & PMO Lead (“GSPMO”). The APAC Regional Talent and PMO Lead will be responsible for leading all aspects of strategy design & roll-out as well as capability development as a member of their respective Governance team. Specifically, the role is accountable for: Coordination and Governance, Business Planning, Performance Tracking & Resourcing and Capabilities Development. As we are a global function aiming to drive consistency in all aspects of Strategy development and execution, this Lead will also be accountable to partner heavily with the GSPMO and the Global PMO Governance Council to drive harmonization of processes, best practice sharing and benchmarking on a global basis. Building strong relationship with the regional/functional Governance Teams will be a critical requirement of the role, which will also be required to act as lead planner, coordinator and moderator for the Governance Team. The Lead will also be accountable to liaise and coordinate on an ongoing basis with other Capability Owners (e.g. Talent, P&T, Change Management, etc.), key Business Stakeholders and Functional partners
Major Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Talent Development
- On the ground execution of PLDP, PMDP, and Undergraduate Recruitment (e.g., GOLD) within the region, with heavy support from Global Procurement Talent Management (“GPTM”) enterprise program managers
- Partner with regional HR, Talent Acquisition, and other cross functional partners to recruit top PLDP, GOLD, and IRDP talent for Procurement roles
- Partner with GPTM to support APAC talent program participants, ensuring they have a high quality experience
- Support hiring managers, and program participant managers to ensure they meet their talent objectives
Procurement Acumen Training Programs
- Leverage the enterprise learning & development programs – both functional and leadership – to ensure the development needs of the regional talent are delivered
- Collaborate with GPTM to continue to evolve the Procurement Excellence Academy by providing input on the needs of the APAC talent, aligned with the organizational capability building objectives of the region.
Succession Planning and Talent Movement
- As participating member of the APAC Regional Governance Council, facilitate Talent Talks and drive the process to ensure that leadership accountabilities are followed through for Manager and Professional level talent
- Manage the people & talent metrics in the region to monitor success and progress
- Talent Workstream Leader on the APAC
Coordination & Governance
- Enhance the effectiveness & efficiency of respective team and governance body through comprehensive planning, prioritization and progress tracking.
- Lead the yearly planning cycle of the respective team, align and coordinate with the Global Calendars of the PLT & GPLC, manage business stakeholder engagement planning and deployment as well as ad-hoc initiative of the Governance team and Global PMO Council.
Business Planning, Performance Tracking & Resourcing
- Lead the deployment of key enterprise initiatives and platforms within respective team and assure alignment with global standards, ongoing implementation of best-practices and optimal resourcing.
- Lead the yearly Business Planning coordination and consolidation on behalf of their Governance Team and will collaborate closely with the GSPMO and EPO in the Enterprise-level BP consolidation process, roll-out of performance tracking standards, tools and processes. They will furthermore support their Governance Team with ongoing performance management tracking and resource planning.
- Collaborate within the Strategy & PMO Council as well as with Finance and Business Engagement Leads on embedding the Enterprise Performance Management framework, dashboards and scorecards within the operational cycles of both the Business and Procurement function.
- Manage linkage and integration with Global portfolio owners and teams; support own governance team in driving consistent decision making and resource allocation across the Capability Portfolio.
- Lead Capability Development on behalf of their Governance Team and work in close collaboration with the nominated Capability Owners within respective team as well as Global leads. They will coordinate the design and roll out of regional/functional capability workstreams to assure consistent and efficient approach fully aligned with the Procurement Strategic Framework and Value Proposition
Portfolio/Program Management & Process Excellence
- Work closely with respective Governance Team and Program/Project owners to ensure that all existing programs are consistently and effectively manager within the scope of well-structured portfolios or programs targeting delivery against BP and Functional commitments and fully aligned with the Strategic Framework.
- In collaboration with Strategy & PMO Council (SPMO), develop and deploy a Strategic Portfolio Performance Mgmt. framework and process; focus on standardization and stratification of dashboards, scorecards and KPIs.
- Develop and manage new programs for regional or global deployment (as needed) and will drive alignment, planning and tracking across all stakeholders involved.
Other Duties & Responsibilities
Key decisions will include:
- Decides which process improvement opportunities to pursue
- Determines prioritization of program initiatives
- Owns key performance indicators to measure and demonstrate success and improvements
- Makes hiring recommendations
- Trains employees
- Plans work of others
- Reviews work quality and quantity of others
- Recommends budget amount
- Required Minimum Education: Bachelor’s Degree in business-related discipline, Procurement, Human Resources, or other related field is required. MBA Degree preferred.
- Required Years of Related Experience: 5 Years minimum business experience
- Minimum 5 Years managing people.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Key skills includes
- Ability to influence at most senior levels
- Strong people management acumen
- Demonstrated ability to be a natural coach, mentor, and career guide
- Strong knowledge of the procurement function and key capabilities required to succeed
- A strong track record of developing people and demonstrated passion for developing future leaders of the organization is required
- Experience in multiple disciplines and multiple Johnson & Johnson sectors is preferred
- Previous work experience in at least one of these functional areas is required: Procurement, Supply Chain, Operations, Human Resources
- Strong emotional Intelligence
- Strong track record of developing and executing strategies
- Strong communication, collaboration, organizational, facilitation, and influencing skills are required, especially in a matrix environment
- An organized mind, and attention to details
- A high level of personal integrity/trustworthiness to handle highly confidential, sensitive matters
- Natural desire to innovate and improve
- Talent Program management or PMO experience is preferred
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.