Jobs in a Terminals Operating Company
Posted on: 23 February, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Adexen
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the international container terminal operating company to recruit a reconciliation supervisor for its operations in Nigeria.
Our client is a leading multinational company operating in port and terminals.
- Perform accounting functions for financial segment of the business including assisting in preparation and analysis of monthly financial and management reports.
- Monitor transactions and bank account on a regular basis.
- Ensure proper accounting and timely payment of statutory dues like WHT, VAT, PAYE.
- Liaise with auditors, banks, regulatory and statutory authorities.
- Perform financial analysis of business as assigned by controller.
- Work in the preparation of quarterly financial reporting package and assist in audit requests.
- Provide recommendations based on internal audits.
- Identify and contact customers with overdue accounts and entering data to track collection efforts and progress.
- Perform month expense and balance sheet, account reconciliation and analysis for review by the controller.
- Preparing financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts.
- Preparing financial management reports including financial planning and forecasting.
- Advise on tax and treasury issues.
- Develop, maintain and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted cost to actual costs.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- A relevant university degree in accounting.
- Requires at least 6 years working experience with at least two years management/supervisory role.
- Must have professional qualification ICAN/ACCA.
- Extensive knowledge of international accounting standards, principles and practices as well as international audit standards is required.
- Must have working knowledge of Management accounting fundamentals and its applications.
- Knowledge of payroll, account payable and general ledger processing is required.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Good literacy in Excel, Access and other Microsoft packages.
- Management Skills
- Knowledge of import procedures and related activities.
go to method of application »
- Handle bank mandate for bank signatories.
- Report daily bank balances.
- Monitor transactions on day to day basis.
- Ensure proper bank reconciliation on daily basis for the collection account.
- Ensure proper bank reconciliation on bi weekly basis for all other bank accounts.
- Ensure that uncredited lodgements are cleared within 3 working days and unapplied deposit.
- Tax investigation coordination with Auditors and tax authorities.
- Investigation, follow-ups and proper clearance of pending transaction with bank.
- Controlling returned cheques.
- Ensure reconciliation of all tellers and receipt issued by cashiers.
- Doing other reconciliation as assigned by Accountant.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliation into accounting system.
- Specific tasks assigned by the Finance Manager/CFO from time to time.
- A relevant university degree in Business or Accounting.
- Requires at least 5 years of being responsible for general accounting and finance in a mid/large organization.
- Must have thorough understanding and working knowledge of accounting software.
- High proficiency in use of Excel.
- Requires high level of planning and organizational skills.
- Requires ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Management Skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion, good judgement and be detail oriented.
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.
Method of Application
Use links below to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Address Verification Officers at Southern Infinity Concepts Limited
- Jobs at Red Star Express PLC
- Marketing Executives at Daudeen Freight Forwarding Limited
- Van Sales Representatives at Flux Logistics Limited
- Freight & Forwarding Sales/Operations Officer at Prime Next Logistics Limited
- Marketing Executives at Daudeen Freight Limited
- Executive Assistant at Zippy Logistics
- Latest Vacancies at iSabiDelivery