Jobs in a Terminals Operating Company
Posted on: 23 February, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Logistics and Transportation
View All Jobs at Adexen
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
Adexen Recruitment Agency is mandated by one of the international container terminal operating company to recruit a reconciliation supervisor for its operations in Nigeria.
Our client is a leading multinational company operating in port and terminals.
- Perform accounting functions for financial segment of the business including assisting in preparation and analysis of monthly financial and management reports.
- Monitor transactions and bank account on a regular basis.
- Ensure proper accounting and timely payment of statutory dues like WHT, VAT, PAYE.
- Liaise with auditors, banks, regulatory and statutory authorities.
- Perform financial analysis of business as assigned by controller.
- Work in the preparation of quarterly financial reporting package and assist in audit requests.
- Provide recommendations based on internal audits.
- Identify and contact customers with overdue accounts and entering data to track collection efforts and progress.
- Perform month expense and balance sheet, account reconciliation and analysis for review by the controller.
- Preparing financial statements, including monthly and annual accounts.
- Preparing financial management reports including financial planning and forecasting.
- Advise on tax and treasury issues.
- Develop, maintain and analyse budgets, preparing periodic reports that compare budgeted cost to actual costs.
- Establish tables of accounts, and assign entries to proper accounts.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as required.
- A relevant university degree in accounting.
- Requires at least 6 years working experience with at least two years management/supervisory role.
- Must have professional qualification ICAN/ACCA.
- Extensive knowledge of international accounting standards, principles and practices as well as international audit standards is required.
- Must have working knowledge of Management accounting fundamentals and its applications.
- Knowledge of payroll, account payable and general ledger processing is required.
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written.
- Good literacy in Excel, Access and other Microsoft packages.
- Management Skills
- Knowledge of import procedures and related activities.
go to method of application »
- Handle bank mandate for bank signatories.
- Report daily bank balances.
- Monitor transactions on day to day basis.
- Ensure proper bank reconciliation on daily basis for the collection account.
- Ensure proper bank reconciliation on bi weekly basis for all other bank accounts.
- Ensure that uncredited lodgements are cleared within 3 working days and unapplied deposit.
- Tax investigation coordination with Auditors and tax authorities.
- Investigation, follow-ups and proper clearance of pending transaction with bank.
- Controlling returned cheques.
- Ensure reconciliation of all tellers and receipt issued by cashiers.
- Doing other reconciliation as assigned by Accountant.
- Complete monthly bank reconciliation into accounting system.
- Specific tasks assigned by the Finance Manager/CFO from time to time.
- A relevant university degree in Business or Accounting.
- Requires at least 5 years of being responsible for general accounting and finance in a mid/large organization.
- Must have thorough understanding and working knowledge of accounting software.
- High proficiency in use of Excel.
- Requires high level of planning and organizational skills.
- Requires ability to communicate in English, both verbally and written
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Management Skills.
- Must be able to exercise discretion, good judgement and be detail oriented.
- Must be able to handle company information with confidentiality and discretion.
Method of Application
Use links below to apply
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about AdexenSimilar Jobs
- Procurement and Sourcing Analyst at Maersk Line
- Assistant Project Managers at a Global Shipping and Logistics Company - Fosad Consulting
- Professional Driver at Tekra Global Concepts Limited
- Regional Account Manager at American AirSea Cargo
- Jobs at Parcel Line Logistics
- Information Technology Support Officer at Conote Services Limited
- Accounting Jobs at Josepdam Port Services (JPS)
- Warehouse Manager at The Afriglobal Group