Latest Job Opportunity at VANSO
Posted on: 20 February, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Banking / Financial Services
View All Jobs at VANSO
If you have not been getting our emails, check your Spam folder folder on Yahoo or Promotions tab on Gmail; mark us as Not Spam and add us to your contact list. Learn how to
VANSO is a financial technology provider focused on delivering cutting edge and innovative solutions in Africa. Through our proprietary payments (MIMO), banking and messaging (VCP) platforms we deliver highly secure, world class solutions for our clients.
The Java/Scala Software Engineer will lead the development and client training on a new and exciting technology.
The position will also be part of the team responsible for performing complex program assignments which includes analyzing, defining, code designing and implementing cost effective information technology solutions for our various software applications. The position requires in-depth knowledge and familiarity with Java or/and Scala.
The Java/Scala Software Engineer will be charged but not limited with the following responsibilities:
- Lead the development and client training on a new and exciting technology.
- Maintain the various environments of the new technology
- Create user information solutions by developing, implementing, and maintaining Java based components and interfaces.
- Define site objectives by analyzing user requirements; envisioning system features and functionality.
- Design and develop user interfaces to internet/intranet applications
- Work closely with the Team Leader, Business Developers and Product Owner/Clients for understanding the functional and system requirements.
- Prepare and conduct system and programming tests in controlled, real life situations before they go live.
- Troubleshoot development and production problems across multiple environments and operating platforms.
- BSc Information Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics or any related course.
- Professional certifications are desired.
- Three (3) to five (5) years systems programming experience.
- Expert level knowledge of Java and/or Scala.
- Ability to learn new tools and technologies
- Experience with different data stores (relational and NoSQL) is essential including performance tuning
- Experience and working knowledge in system integration, web services (SOAP and REST), API development and web security
- Experience in MySQL or PostgreSQL and excellent knowledge of SQL, and optimization
- Possess a firm grasp of algorithms, experience with large scale distributed systems, low latency programming and data structures
- Knowledge of banking protocols and processes will be an added advantage
- Passion for clean code and clear naming conventions.
- Result driven and highly execution focused.
- Excellent analytical and oral communication skills are necessary.
- Demonstrated ability to identify, analyse and solve problems.
- Fluent oral and written English required. Knowledge of another major language is not mandatory but could be advantageous.
Method of Application
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about VANSOSimilar Jobs
- Executive Bankers at Stanbic IBTC Bank
- 2018 Graduate Management Development Programme at Ecobank Nigeria
- 2018 Graduate Frontline Absorption at Access Bank Plc
- Senior Research Economist at the African Development Bank Group (AfDB)
- Head, Data Services at Nigeria Inter Bank Settlement System Plc (NIBSS)
- Direct Sales Agent at a Leading Bank - Kimberly Ryan
- Job Openings at United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA)
- Fresh Vacancies at Refuge Mortgage Bank Limited