World Learning's programs span a range of issue areas to comprehensively address critical needs around the globe.
The World Learning Office in Nigeria intends to recruit a Grants Officer to support with partner monitoring, sub grants management and coordinate the capacity building activities as envisaged in objective 2 of the EECSP.
Position Title: Grants Officer
Reports To: CSO Finance and Capacity Building Manager
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Grants administration related support person for the project who supports the Nigeria Office with sub grants budget review and monitoring, sub-grant financial monitoring, reviewing and analyzing sub-grants expenditures, responding to sub-recipients related questions from the donor and reporting. He/she will also carry out administrative duties and logistical/procurement duties as and when they arise.
The Grants Officer will work under the supervision of the CSO Finance and Capacity Building Manager and will be expected to help the partners improve compliance with USG regulations, offer technical backstopping on financial and grants administration and coordinate World Learning training activities in the field office.
1. Support partners on sub-grant management (reporting, budgeting and project accounting)
2. Offer financial and grants management technical support to the partners on board on challenges they face administering the grant
3. Ensure partners’ compliance the sub-grants terms and conditions. This will entail undertaking partner monitoring activities (audits, assessments and spot checks)
4. Coordinating training and coaching of the consortium partners
5. Preparation of World Learning periodic financial and narrative reports
6. Review and monitor partner budgets
7. Accounting and reporting for the field office advances
8. Transaction processing – recording and posting transactions in the accounting software
9. Administrative and operational support for the field office
10. Filling and records management
§ Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, international business or related field
§ Professional accounting qualification (added advantage)
§ Experience in sub-grants management working with CSOs and working knowledge of USAID regulations
§ Experience in undertaking audits and partner reviews / assessments
§ Prior training / capacity building experience is an added advantage
§ Experience with budget preparation and monitoring
§ Proficiency in using MSWord, Excel, and Power Point as well as accounting software (Quick Books)
§ Excellent organizational skills with a willingness to assume responsibilities and take initiative
§ A person of high integrity
§ A team player
§ Good communication and reporting skills
Note: This is a local position and the applicant must be a Nigerian. Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
To apply, email resume complete with 3 referees (maximum of 3 pages) and cover letter (maximum of one page) to: firstname.lastname@example.org Cc Analisa.LePera@worldlearning.or g with “Grants Officer – EECSP Nigeria” in the subject heading by 6th March 2015.