Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a mid- size engineering and project management company with businesses in home building, real estate, telecommunications and power sectors in Lagos, Nigeria but with operations in other African countries (Gabon, Ghana, Congo Uganda and Tanzania).
Due to internal expansion in their Lagos branch, they are recruiting to fill the position of Senior Project Manager
- To ensure completion of projects on time within agreed budget and to agreed specifications through co-ordination of all activities associated with a project.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Charts out the project objectives and plans, performance requirements and selects project participants.
- Performs a key role in project planning, budgeting, and identification of resources needed.
- Oversees the project from start to finish.
- Works to ensure that construction activities move according to predetermined schedule.
- Devises the project work plans and make revisions as and when need arises.
- Optimizes the utilization of resources - labour, materials and equipment, ensuring their procurement at most cost-effective terms.
- Creates the teams, develops the objectives/goals of each and assign individual responsibilities.
- Projects accounting functions including managing the budget, tracking of team expenses and minimizing exposure and risk in the project.
- Implements various operations through proper coordination.
- Identifies the elements of project design and construction likely to give rise to disputes and claims.
- Works to ensure project documents are complete.
- Maintains strict adherence to the budgetary guidelines, quality and safety standards
- Periodically inspects work sites.
- Monitors the progress of the work activities on a regular basis and hold regular status meetings with all the sub-teams.
- Co-ordinates the efforts of all parties involved in the project, which includes the architects, consultants, contractors, sub-contractors and laborers etc.
- Develops effective communications and mechanisms for resolving conflicts among the various participants on the project.
- Liaises with the clients and reviews the deliverable prepared by the team before passing onto client.
- Communicates effectively with the contractors responsible for completing various phases of the project.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of first degree in Project Management, Civil Engineering, Building or other relevant discipline is required
- MBA or masters in relevant field is an added advantage
- Relevant professional qualification e.g.Project Management Professional (PMP) or Prince II.
- Minimum of 8 years cognate experience in related field with at least 3 years in a managerial role.
Skill and Competence profile:
- Project Management
- Risk Management
- Change Management
- Quality control
- Knowledge of industry and business
- Logistics management
- HSE management
- Work Scheduling and planning
- Team work
- Initiative and creativity
- Customer/service focus
- Organisation and planning
- People development and management
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: email@example.com using as subject of mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.