Alva Technologies Limited is a specialized IT consulting firm with world-class practices in Enterprise Technology Solutions and Infrastructure Services.
We partner with organizations to select the right technology, plan, design, build, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure to enable them realize maximum return on IT (RoIT) investments.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
To be successful in this role, one must possess operational experience in implementing and maintaining NetBackup solutions in a large enterprise environment and integrating backups into the technical strategy for system recovery, as well as the outlined objectives below:
- Serve as a liaison with other technical support teams to ensure Backup failures are handled in a timely manner
- Work with architecture and build/deployment teams to review and coordinate implementation activities
- Operate hardware/software for the Backup and Recovery infrastructure - Provide support of all Backup and Recovery infrastructure
- Develop and / or Review documented procedures related to Systems Administration of the Backup and recovery environment
- Respond, track and escalate system incidents on all Backup and Recovery infrastructure - Assist in system patch deployments, hardware maintenance, application upgrades and patches
- Monitor and resolve alerts
- Follow change management and configuration management procedures and guidelines , Perform system directed restores of data
- Configure and monitor archive retention policies and prepare audit reports; - Perform offsite tape preparation for retention and compliance requirements
- Monitoring the daily backups.
- Monitoring the daily restorations.
- Creating New Policies with coordination of DC group.
- Troubleshooting the backup errors and resolving ( if required log a call with Symantec)
- Daily report for the backup report and filing the same ( physical copy dully signed).
- Checking the backup consistency.
- Providing new ideas for backup.
- Checking the archive backups
- Work as team member for any in house up gradation or migration
- Management of polis and client details.
- Complete administration of VERITAS netbackup.
- License/client/drive inventory
- Monthly MIS
- 1.5 Years+
- Experience in Symantec Netbackup is must.Experience with Data Domain, Netbackup Appliance is a plus
go to method of application »
- Multiple position for Oracle Sun Solaris 10 and 11 Unix Administrators.
- Mandatory Technical / Functional Skills: 2-5 years professional systems maintenance experience in a UNIX data center environment. Installing, configuring and maintaining Sun servers Troubleshooting Hardware and operating system related issue ,knowledge of Solaris 10 and 11, RHEL knowledge a plus
- Be able to install security and other OS patches.
- Manage enterprise operating systems which include UNIX, Solaris and Linux
- Setup, install, configure, operate and maintain all Unix based hardware, software and related infrastructure
- Provide technical support to the Oracle database administrators and projects team in the initiation, feasibility and operation phases of all business IT Service provisioning
- Perform technical analysis and ensure operation of business application platforms conform to best practices, pre-defined policies and procedures
- Design, select, setup, install and configure UNIX based systems, software and infrastructure platforms
- Coordinate and collaborate with the networks, business application, and database administration function to ensure availability, reliability, and scalability of corporate servers to meet business demands
- Design, implement and operate Enterprise Storage platform ensuring the availability and performance aligns to IT service requirements
- Support the Service Delivery team in the planning of service continuity / disaster recovery for critical systems and services; maintain complete systems and data backup
- Use system monitoring tools to proactively manage servers and storage systems
- Collaborate effectively with peers in IT and other departments
- Maintains system stability by performing system monitoring and analysis, and performance tuning; troubleshooting system hardware, software, networks and operating system management; designing and running system load/stress testing; escalating application problems to vendor Implement server upgrades, maintenance fixes and liaise with major UNIX Original Equipment Manufacturers to schedule and apply OEM-supplied patches to optimize performance and maintain system stability.
- Provide 1st and 2nd level support across all IT services
- Perform other duties as may be assigned by Service Delivery Manager.
- 1st degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or other related area.
- 2 - 5 years cognate work experience, in a reputable organization/Institution.
- Telecom Industry Experience.
- Data Centre Experience.
- Systems Administration.
- Hardware for Enterprise Systems.
- Knowledge and of UNIX Systems.
- ITIL Service Management.
- Customer Focus/Service Orientation.
- Oral and Written Communication.
- Project Management.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications and CV's to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing MySalaryscale.com
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join MySalaryScale