Career in a Real Estate Advisory Firm via Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Posted on: 18 February, 2015
Deadline: Not Specified
View Jobs in Real Estate
View All Jobs at Hamilton Lloyd and Associates
Hamilton Lloyd and Associates - Our client is a Real Estate Advisory company with presence in Lagos, Nigeria. Due to internal expansion processes they have decided to fill the position of:
- To manage and be responsible for the overall day to day operation of the treasury, statutory accounting, secretarial and payable functions.
- In line with the company's Core values, this role is responsible for the successful achievement of all job requirements delivered to required timelines, budget and of the highest quality. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strong strategic and entrepreneurial skills, in terms of innovation and problem solving, strong team working, motivation of team members and commitment.
- To provide a commercial and financial reporting service to the local organization, ensuring that reliable category, overhead and balance sheet information is produced, evaluated and communicated to facilitate planning and control and enable decision making.
- Ensure compliance with all current direct and indirect tax legislation through systems evaluation, review, implementation, monitoring and liaison with external advisors.
- Ensure compliance with all statutory requirements pertaining to financial statement reporting.
- Ensure compliance with the company global accounting and other standards.
- Management and control of the treasury function in line with the global policy.
- Implementation of necessary security and internal controls
- Drive process improvements within the finance department, to maximize reporting quality, integrity and turnaround times, including business & systems simplification and automation of processes.
- Ensure highest level of security and internal control in all implemented business solutions.
- To continually develop and maintain the accounting systems and of the local business in order to ensure availability, completeness, accuracy and validity of information upon which management will base their decisions. This will include reviewing current procedures and developing new procedures to ensure compliance with company policy, thereby ensuring effective internal controls.
Collection and collation or preparation, review and reporting of the following:
- Actual monthly overhead, balance sheet and "blue book" information (monthly management reporting pack).
- Annual budgeted overhead information
- Annual budget financial schedules
- Quarterly overhead forecast information
- Quarterly royalty submissions
- To effectively manage the treasury function of the company and the administration of the company's bank accounts, all the while ensuring adherence to the global treasury policy, minimizing currency exposure by ensuring that forward cover is taken out timeously and adequately and maximizing return on investment.
- Manage the dividend process and ensure that the appropriate approvals are obtained and documentation completed. Focus on trying to declare dividends when these maximise return.
- Responsible for fixed cost monitoring, evaluation and control. Monitoring actual overheads versus plan and review with departmental heads/budget holders. Reporting monthly on actual versus plan variances. Purpose of this task is to keep spending within the budgeted amounts, identify any areas of abuse, and consistently drive the fixed costs to net revenue ratio downwards.
- Act as a liaison between the company and the external audit team at interim and final audits. Ensure that client deliverables are communicated internally and co-ordinate the collections of this information for presentation to the external audit team.
- Act as a liaison between company and its company secretaries to ensure that the required board meetings are co-ordinated and held on time, ensure timely circulation and approval of all board minutes, resolutions, ensure timely submission of all statutory returns including filings for change in directors, auditors, authorized signatories, respective regulations related to corporate governance norms are fully complied with.
- Annual preparation of Statutory Accounts and reconciliation of these accounts to final submitted Hyperion results (HQ submission in UK GAAP/IFRS format)
- Develop and motivate subordinates, ensuring that they operate in line with the core values and vision of the business.
- Ensure people resources are efficiently utilized and developed in line with the company culture.
- Manage the company's corporate travel card facility.
Educational and Language Skills
- Chartered Accountant (ICAN) or Chartered Management Accountant (ACMA)
Technical skills & Experience
- Exposure/working knowledge of ERP systems (J.D.Edwards preferred), HFM (Hyperion), ICE (COGNOS) and Microsoft office (Advanced level).
- Strong understanding of business processes and operations.
- Strong project management skills
- In depth understanding of respective Finance function processes.
Management Skills & Experience
- The candidate would have a Post qualification experience of at least 5-8 years. Experience in Real Estate Company will be an added advantage.
- Strong track record of Financial management and delivery is critical
- Flexibility in thinking and pragmatic problem solving skills
- Energetic with excellent interpersonal & leadership skills, able to influence people of all levels
- Ability to review and identify issues and opportunities in business processes
- Credible commercial and business awareness
- Be able to cope under continues pressure and to deliver upon tight reporting deadline
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should forward an updated version of their CV's to: email@example.com Kindly indicate job title as subject of the mail.
Note: Only qualified candidates would be contacted.
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Hamilton Lloyd and AssociatesSimilar Jobs
- Latest Job Vacancies at an Indigenous Estate Development Company - HRLeverage Africa
- Internship Opportunity at Easy Rent Nigeria
- Property Manager at ToLet.com.ng
- Car Driver at ToLet.com.ng
- Executive Career at PricewaterhouseCooper (PwC)
- Marketers at Bamah Nissi Multilinks Limited
- Job Vacancy at a Real Estate Firm Via AFM Recruit
- Software Developers at ToLet.com.ng