The International Institute of Tropical Agriculture (IITA) is a non-profit agricultural research-for-development (R4D) organization, and a member of the CGIAR Consortium.We thank you for your interest in IITA and invite you to explore many exciting and diverse career opportunities in a work environment that enables you to be the best you can, advancing your professional and personal growth in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment.
Join a vibrant team that is committed to facilitating agricultural solutions for hunger, poverty, and natural resource degradation throughout the tropics.IITA is an equal opportunity employer and consideration for employment is given to qualified applicants regardless of race, colour, religion, sex, national/ethnic origin or social status.
• Review project documents and take action on specific issues that may arise during the project life.
• Provide effective administrative support at the initiation and execution stages of projects with the view to improving performance.
• Liaise with scientists to ensure that project reports are promptly received by sending email reminders to them weekly.
• Ensure that all technical reports follow the right format specified by the donor
• Facilitate the review and editing of project’s technical reports.
• Submit technical reports to donors.
• Upload submitted technical reports on the project database (ProMIS), i.e. to donors and from partners.
• Assist in preparing reports for IITA Management and Board of Trustees.
• Assist in ensuring that the database is kept up to date with accurate data, reports and other project documents.
• Work closely with the project Database Assistant to take over her tasks in her absence or when work pressure demands.
• Work in close cooperation with other PAO team members to achieve the unit’s objectives.
• Retrieve information from both paper files and database to resolve queries.
• Such other duties, properly assigned, as may be occasioned by the exigencies of the service
Qualification and Experience
B.Sc. in Business Administration, or any related discipline with at least 6 years of relevant experience with 3 years in a multicultural environment
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.