Our client is renowned law firm in the country.
Job Location: Victoria Island, Lagos (Ideal candidate MUST be male & should reside close to Victoria Island)
Secretary Job Purpose:
Enhances effectiveness by providing information-management support; representing the law firm to clients and others and also carry out administrative duties assigned from time to time.
Secretary Job Duties:
- Take notes and dictation for drafting correspondences or work execution
- Check completed work for spelling, grammar, punctuation, and format.
- Perform other clerical duties such as answering telephone, sorting and distributing mail, running errands or sending faxes.
- Gather, register, and arrange the material to be typed, following instructions.
- Type correspondence, reports, text and other written material from rough drafts, corrected copies, voice recordings, dictation or previous versions, using a computer, word processor, or typewriter.
- File and store completed documents on computer hard drive or disk, and/or maintain a computer filing system to store, retrieve, update and delete documents.
- Print and makes copies of work
- Keep records of work performed.
- Compute and verify totals on report forms, requisitions, or bills, using adding machine or calculator.
- Collate pages of reports and other documents prepared.
- Electronically sort and compile text and numerical data, retrieving, updating, and merging documents as required.
- Reformat documents, moving paragraphs and/or columns.
- Search for specific sets of stored, typed characters in order to make changes.
- Adjust settings for format, page layout, line spacing, and other style requirements.
- Address envelopes or prepare envelope labels, using typewriter or computer.
- Operate and resupply printers and computers, changing print wheels or fluid cartridges, adding paper, and loading blank tapes, cards, or disks into equipment.
- Transmit work electronically to other locations.
- Work with technical material, preparing statistical reports, planning and typing statistical tables, and combining and rearranging material from different sources.
- Use data entry devices, such as optical scanners, to input data into computers for revision or editing.
- Carry out general office administration duties from time to time.
Qualification & Experience:
- Must have background in Secretarial Studies (OND/HND).
- Must have a minimum of 2 – 3 years experience in a law firm as a secretary.
Required skills: Good Communication skills, Documentation Skills, Meeting Planning, Supply Management, Telephone Skills, Office Experience -General, PC Proficiency, Internal Communications, Dependability, Professionalism, Client Relationships.
Method of Application
Salary is between N50, 000 – N70, 000 monthly (based on experience)
SEND CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org using ‘Law Firm Secretary’ as subject of mail.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.