Jobs in a Laundry Equipment Company
Posted on: 17 February, 2015
Deadline: 3 March, 2015
View Jobs in Engineering / Technical
View All Jobs at Stresert Services Limited
Our client is Nigeria's sole agent of a renowned Italian manufacturer of dry-cleaning, laundry and finishing equipment.
The Company's major undertakings are sales, installation and servicing of dry cleaning, laundry and finishing equipment.
- Responsible for installing, maintaining and repairing laundry equipment.
- Manage effectively the laundry equipment spare parts control system as well as to get the best products which suites our standards and the highest quality without affecting our cost management;
- Check all electric panels and mechanical parts for laundry regularly and prevent any avoid any unorganized electric cabling or installation;
- Ensure that all the preventive maintenance, work orders and assignments are carried out in a timely and cost effective manner
- Carry out instructions, work orders or assignments given out by the Supervisors/Managers
- Conduct daily walk through laundry and take corrective action accordingly.
- To maintain necessary stocks and spare parts to ensure equipment are functioning well without interruption and to follow-up with the deliveries.
- Repairs and maintains washers, driers, extractors, condensers, pumps, blowers, presses, and other laundry equipment: Operates, examines, and dismantles equipment to diagnose cause of malfunction.
- Repairs or replaces parts, using handtools and measuring instruments.
- Replaces components, such as bearings, motors, and microswitches.
- Replaces faulty sections of pipe, valves, and fittings, using plumbing tools.
- Dismantles steam traps and removes sediment.
- Removes faceplate from equipment to clean out dust and lint.
- Replaces worn or torn aprons, roll covers, and pads on mangles.
- Lubricates machines and equipment, using grease gun and oilcans.
- May order spare parts.
- Working knowledge of occupational safety and health.
Education : National Diploma/HND/ Trade Test certificate in Mechanical Engineering with at least 2 years
go to method of application »
- Plan, organize, direct, control and coordinate all Operations activities,
- Maintain operational efficiency by establishing and enforcing organization standards
- Champion the articulation and development of the Production strategy and ensure alignment with the corporate strategies, business goals and objectives
- Provide overall guidance, leadership support and strategic direction in the execution of the factory functions and activities.
- Ensure timely, high quality and cost effective production is maintained always.
- Liaise with relevant departments in ensuring that all logistics, materials and other requirements are available for production.
- Ensure smooth operation of all equipment for smooth running of the factory.
- Monitor service standards and ensure strict adherence to quality control standards.
- Create and revise systems and procedures for operating practices, record-keeping systems, control and personnel requirements
- Maintain safe and clean work environment by educating and directing personnel on the use of all control points, equipment, and resources
- Assign detailed responsibilities to subordinates and supervise them to ensure timely delivery of high quality results
- Motivate, guide and ensure knowledge transfer and capacity building in all factory workers
- Identify areas of improvements/changes and recommend new processes and improvements to existing systems.
- Prepare/compile agreed periodic activity and performance reports for the attention of the Branch Manager
REQUIRED QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of BSc / B.Eng or HND in related field
- Must be experienced in Factory Operations Management
- Should possess essential Management skills, such as Leadership and Team Building
- Must possess Conflict Resolution, Effective presentation and report writing skills
- High energy with hands-on approach to responsibilities
Method of Application
SEND CVs to ‘email@example.com’ using the job title as subject of mail.
Closing date is 03rd March, 2015
❮ Back to All Jobs
- Know more about Stresert Services LimitedSimilar Jobs
- Job Vacancy at a Multinational EPC Company - Aldelia Limited
- Job Openings at Hausba Smarthomes Limited
- Sales and Marketing Executives at TekniTeed Nigeria Limited
- Field Service Engineers at Culminate Consulting
- Jobs at a Reputable Automobile Company
- IT Staff at World Equipment Protection System Ltd. (WEPSL)
- Director of Operations at Sealing Engineering Services Limited
- Engineering Vacancies at TRANOS