FJA Jobs is the manager of findajobinafrica.com. It is a recruitment agency that has reaches all across the African Continent and in UK
This position therefore aims at strengthening the controls and compliance related to day-to-day cash and tax operations. It is also aims at reducing dependence on Tax consultants and re-inforcing the G/L Department (substitution, development).
MAIN AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
1. Tax administration & Compliance:
Prepare monthly WHT & VAT returns for review by HL Chief Accountant; ensure timely submissions.
Follow up and collect VAT certificates (FIRS) and WHT receipts (Citibank / SCB).
With the assistance of Consultants, monitor the submission of Invoices and renewal of contracts with NOTAP (Mgt & Technical Service Agreements), initiate CAFA audits & follow up on certification.
Assist HL Chief Accountant in the preparation of CIT computation, TP Documentation & procedures.
2. Treasury Admin:
Administer the BoE collection and payment process (M&E)
Prepare draw down notices & Time Deposits
Check, follow-up and eventually clarify Bank interest calculations and charges from HL' Banks
Check COT and other Bank charges.
Enter Bank transactions in Navision based on Bank Statements & Populate Oasis Treasury data.
Prepare Treasury reports such as weekly Cash & Loan position upload in Oasis / BW
Prepare answers to JTI Group Treasury and/or CBN inquiries for review by Chief Accountant
Assist during FIRS / LIRS / Statutory or Internal Audits and inquiries with the preparation of documentation, make-up's, reconciliations or any other information as may be required.
5. Sales Invoicing:
Prepare Sales invoices and Aging Reports.
Reconcile Sales with waybills & supplier invoices.
Assist Finance Management in any other Tax, Treasury or Finance related tasks as may be necessary (Month-end closing, Finance Policies & Procedures, substitution, etc)
• University degree or equivalent
• Financial qualification.
ICAN full certification is a plus.
• At least 3 years in a key accounting position
• Experience in a trading environment (Manufacturing is a plus)
Languages & Computer Skills:
• Advanced computer skills (MS Office, etc )
• Good oral and written English
• Knowledge of Central Bank regulations
• Strong knowledge of Nigerian Taxes (VAT, WHT, CIT mainly).
• Knowledge of Accounting Software (SAP would be an asset)
• Self starter able to work independently, enthusiastic and willing to develop.
• Time management skills and ability to work under strict deadlines
• Good communication and analytical skills
• High degree of probity and integrity
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should forwar their detailed CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org