We are a reputable conglomerate with dominant presence in automobile (having franchise of premium cars/vehicles) and with business interests in other sectors of the economy and recently, we have ventured into commercial Agriculture. We
are looking for energetic and dynamic professional agriculturalist with extensive knowledge of Finance and Administration to fill the position stated below.
The position of COO will be responsible to ensure that the company's everyday activities run smoothly. Directs, administers, and coordinates the internal operational activities of the organization in accordance with policies, goals, and objectives established by the General Manager and the Board of Directors. The Chief Operating Officer will be responsible for supporting the General Manager and Board in evolving, implementing and managing the Company's business plan with an emphasis on development , operational, expansion offarm, mill and sales plans for rice.
- Key responsibilities wni include budget planning, revenue management, expense controls, facilities management, technology systems, and other operational planning. The COO will work towards establishing all the Significant metrics, required for evaluating the operational performance of the company essential to meet financial expectations,
- Ability to grow the existing business model and help capitalize on opportunities that the future holds.
- Direct company operations to meet budget and other financial goals. Direct short-term and long-range planning and budget development to support strategic business goals.
- Establish the performance goals, allocate resources for farm and rice mill development and assess policies for senior management.
- Demonstrate successful execution of business strategies for company and coordinates between rice mill and farm operations/developments.
- Direct and participate in acquisition and growth activities to support overall business objectives and plans.
- Participate in adequate capital expenditure for farm and rice mill development
- Develop, establish, and direct execution of operating policies to support overall company policies and objectives.
- Provide the required linkage between the General Manager and farm operational, rice mill team and overall development of business. Along with General Manager, advise top Executive Management Team and provide them with adequate information to carry out their responsibilities.
- Provide advice, guidance, direction, and authorization to the Executive Management Team to carry out major plans and procedures consistent with established policies.
- Conduct a strategic review of performance along with GM on a regular basis to determine whether the company is meeting its short-and long-term objectives.
- Set departments' high-level goals, objectives and plans and work with them on attaining such goals, by closely monitoring their operations .
- Review the operating / development targets for farm and Mill and compare them to established objectives and goals, and follow-up to ensure appropriate measures are taken to correct unsatisfactory results.
- Establish and maintain an effective system of communications throughout the company to ensure that the responsibilities, authorities, and accountabilities of all executives are clearly defined and understood.
- Act as the public relations officer of the company and represent them with major customers, government entities, the financial community, and the public.
- Excellent people leadership and Management skills
- Strong analytical mind set
- Profit centre management experience
- Ability to think strategically and out of box
- Must have a minimum of B.sc in Agriculture while possession of MBA will be an added advantage plus at least 15 years experience at Executive Management Level , 5 of which must be as a COO of a commercial farm.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified should send their applications and detailed CV (in word format) to: 2015Hrrecruiter2@gmail.com
within one week of the publication of this advert. Only the applicants with minimum requirements are encouraged to apply.
Have you ever needed salary data to make informed career decisions? Introducing Salaryscale.ng
, a platform that crowdsources salary data in Nigeria and we will love your input. Join SalaryScale.