Created in 1833, Lafarge group, headquartered in France, is the world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in three of its activities: No 1 worldwide in Cement, No 2 worldwide in Aggregates & Concrete, and No 3 worldwide in Gypsum.
Located in 62 countries with 64,000 employees, Lafarge is a world leader in building materials, with top-ranking positions in its Cement, Aggregates & Concrete businesses. In 2013, Lafarge posted sales of 15.1 billion euros.
The purpose of the position is –
• Achieving market share (%) & sales volume (KT) targets at a given price (US$, highest possible price)
• Maintaining a well satisfied (measured by direct and 3rd party surveys) and loyal customer base (as measured by their consistent purchases and gain shares) and at a competitive cost of sales (US cents per ton of sales)
• To minimize the complaints and manage them so as to minimize customer dissatisfaction (no of complaints per ton, continued purchases by complainant)
• Reporting activities of competitors and market information to the management to enable good decision-making.
• To understand customer needs & behaviour and respond to them based on the Company’s Policy and Strategy.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position is responsible for the following main activities:
Achieve the given sales volume and price targets within a given budget through –
1. Knowledge of the market
• Estimate and forecast demand and its segmentation (monthly, quarterly and yearly)
• Search for and report up to date information on market players, site jobs and business trends in delineated territory
2. Competitive Intelligence
• Estimate the market share, prices (throughout the value chain) and inventory of competing brands in the area
• Report information on marketing activities of competitors
3. Customer Relationship Management
• Maintain customers portfolio
• Build relationships with the key customers and prospects (using the guidelines of the company)
• Understand their needs and behaviour
• Allocate time dedicated to customers according to target customers identified with his/her manager, and develop and maintain an effective and quality commercial relationship
• Maintain regular contact (visits, telephone, email, fax) and follow-up
• Communicate pricing policy and other relevant information
4. Customer Service
• Provide level of service as defined by the management
• Co-ordinate collection of payments and timely delivery of product in good condition
• Provide all necessary information to sales administration to ensure timely and accurate invoicing of customers
• Evaluate and give feedback to customers on their performance
• Problem solving and complaint handling
• Structured information and report regularly as per directions
6. Promotions (BTL)
• Assist the Regional Manager in BTL (below the line) promotions
• Propose and participate in
- Local promotional events to develop customers' and prospects' knowledge of BU offer, and Lafarge image
- Customers’ training to Lafarge products/systems
• The position will be provided with adequate means of transport, communications and a PC.
• Standardised tools and templates for recording, analysing and reporting information.
Essential & Desirable Skills
Bachelor’s Degree or HND.
- Technical competencies:
• Product Knowledge
• Knowledge of basic construction practices
• Computer literacy
• Selling Skills
• Analytical/Negotiation skills
- Behavioral competencies:
• Good interpersonal relationship
• Result oriented
Interested and suitably qualified candidates should click here to apply online.